1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Balle Balle !!! WeightLoss

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Selvi, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Last sunday while switching thro channels I saw a workout program called "All Stars Workout" conducted by a lady Sarina Jain... Its nothing but Indian dance with Bangra music in the background.. Was real active and good exercise too.. She & her team worked the floor with all punjabi dance steps and lovely smiles.. It was real good to watch. I just realized that we dont have to look for any exercise programs while we have awesome dance routines in our Indian culture itself..

That made me thinking why do south indians never dance or sing in home occasions like north indians do? (I have never danced ever)

Anyway, get a bangra cd and dance away ladies !!! Dance like no one is watching u!!! & of course have a great workout!!

:)

2. sunikris

sunikris Bronze IL'ite

Hi all.,
    I too saw the program
    It comes frequently on FIT Tv.
    All Fit tv programs r really helpful
    Aerobics,,,& all other excercieses
    Reduce fat in Tummy, thighs there r special & simple excercises in Aerobics.

So ladies Stay glued to FIT Tv.

All The Best

3. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Selvi,

I have always wondered that too. Why do south indians dont dance just like north indians... I have north indian friends who dance their pants off (not literally:))..for even their kids birthday parties. They have so much fun, they dont have any inhibitions and they really dance very well. I have sometimes felt jealous on how they can dance so well and how they enjoy themselves in these parties. But I could never let go of my inhibitions and dance and have fun with them.... I think it is just our south indian culture....
    Thanks for starting a thread about this...

Regards,
    Jothi.

4. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

I agree.... the easiest thing to do is dance. You needn't know some really fancy steps to dance on the floor among others. All you can do is move from one feet to the other.

But I think South Indian females are very concious about how they have been preceived by others, that they refrain from being their true self. I'm from M'lore. Despite having brought up in a city like Dubai, I never tried to dance, more so 'cos my parents were very strict & orthodox - naach-gaane aache ghar ki ladkiya nahin karti :rotfl... the songs of yesteryears weren't like dancing either. But today, ever songs calls Me! Even when I'm on the threadmill, I'll be moving my hands & trying to do a few dance movements.

Do any dance - the Balle Balle or the Hip-Hop & feel yourself loose yourself in the music!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009