1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

abt drinking honey in the morning

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sumin, May 10, 2007.

1. sumin

sumin New IL'ite

Hello,

i had read in this forum that drinking honey with lemon juice in empty stomach will help to reduce weight.I did the same for the past 3 months and I don't see any change.On the contrary,I have gained a couple of kilos.I have not eaten anything other than the usual..Is the honey+lemon juice adversely affecting me???I use the bottled lemon juice instead of fresh ones(i eat brkfast only after 1hr).....can it be the reason?I actually feel bloated so i have started walking everyday for 30 mts.Please give suggestions whether i should stop taking honey in the morning...

2. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

HI
    About drinking honey water in morning is very good thing but as it is said it depends upon the person as some reduse weight n some gain(sorry u have not mentioned whether u drinking this honey in luke warm water as in normal water it is said it only gain weight and add glow to ur skin but taken with luke warm water reduses weight

3. sumin

sumin New IL'ite

Hello,

I drink honey with luke warm water..but the lime juice is form the concentrate which we get in a bottle...i have drank honey for the past 3 months and yet no change in weight.....can honey affect negatively for some people??

4. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

es
    drinking honey water can increse weight too as told by my frnd once in india,so i remember well...i have some other tips to reduse weight but i dont know ur age and things like that...as taking fenugreek seeds with water and cilantro leaves boiling water and thinks like that but if u r not married or if married and planning for kid or things like that then u should not do this as these tips r said to be not that good for health.
    so let me know about u so i can write moreabout the tips ...

5. sumin

sumin New IL'ite

Hello,

I really appreciate you help.I am married and i have a 2 yr old son....yeah i am planning to have one more kid but not for some time soon....I would really love to hear some herbal remedies ....i think the honey is working badly for me...so i have started to walk for 35 mts daily...hope to hear from u soon..

6. shez

shez New IL'ite

Hi!!
    just wanted to share a tip with you which definately works for me
    u will need
    1tsp cinnamon powder
    juice of half lemon
    1tsp raw honey

mix the honey and cinnamon in a cup until mixture is a smooth paste.
    add to the honey and cinnamon mixture 1 full cup of boiling water. mix well and cover. leave aside for 30 minutes. after 30 mins add juice of half a lemon, stir and drink. u can do this in the morning and at night.
    cinnamon is an antioxidant which burns fat
    lemon is used to boost metabolism therefore fastens fat burning
    raw honey triggers the release of fat burning hormones

hope this is useful to u
    i had the same problem as u until i started doin this
    let me know!!
    shez

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  7. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

I never heard about adding cinnamon powder. I have one question should it be taken on empty stomach.

Thanks in advance

8. sumin

sumin New IL'ite

Hello Shez,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion....I wanted to ask though ...should it be boiling water or is water from hot tap enough???I will try it and let you know.The honey with lemon juice was making me overweight and i ended up gaining 4 lbs...Maybe it is not working for my body structure.Will try ur suggestion..thanks..

sumin

3 people like this.
  9. shez

shez New IL'ite

Hi friends!
    Just wanted to ans ur queries!!

its most effective when had on an empty stomach in the morning
    u can have breakfast half an hour later and at night half an hour berore bed time..

it must b boiling water

pls only use raw honey... processed honey contains preservatives and sugar additives which in return cause weight gain
    the combination of honey and cinnamon creates a fat breaking agent... that is the reason why we set aside the mixture for half an hour after adding the boiling water..
    Cheers:wave

10. shez

shez New IL'ite

HI Shweta..
    As per ur questions... it must b had twice a day and boiling water is a must..
    i personally lost 6 kilos in a month...
    i did not make any other changes.. no new exercise routine, no change in diet.. i eat everything normally... all i did was the honey, lemon and cinnamon mixture!! This is my second month.. i am gettin married next month and hope to loose more!! i will keep u all posted.. and if u have not read my post on paul mckenna pls do read it... it is easy but worked miraculously for me.. i follow his four golden rules and thats it!! Its not so hard after all!!!
    pls feel free to ask anything that u r not clear abt
    Shez