1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

5 lb New Year Eve Weight Loss Challenge - 6th Dec to 31st Dec

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pman16, Dec 2, 2010.

1. hardtolose

hardtolose New IL'ite

Hi pman16,
    Count me in this WLC. I have lost 6lbs in 5 weeks and this week just 4oz. I am now 150lbs and would love love love to be 145 by dec 31st. I really wanted to get below 150 this week but my weight is just moving up and down between 149-150:spin. I really want to commit to start walking early morning.
    Thanks for starting this WLC.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  2. devii

devii New IL'ite

Hi Pman ,

Its really nice to see people here encouraging each other to loose weight thru various activities ,i am 5'4 and i weigh 165 lbs ,i have lost 10 lbs so far and would like to loose more...so count me also in this challenge ...since i have a kid at home i just go for walking in evening and i am really not strict with the diet but will follow this week ....do pour in ur tips everyday ...love u all for the motivation...lets start the challenge together and finish it together ...:cheers

Thanku.

3. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Dear H2L,
    Losing 6lbs in 5 weeks is very realistic and you deserve a congrats for that:thumbsup. Good job!
    Increase the intensity of your workouts now. If you are walking now for your exercise, try slow jogging. See that you sweat, though it is difficult to sweat in winter. Your heart beat should go up and you should feel it. Eat light for dinner. With smart prepartion, you can avoid eating junk when hunger hits you. So aim for soup and salad for night. Soups are good to have in winter and results in good weight loss.

I used to rely on sweet corn soup during winter for dinner. Look for this recipe here and make it with lots of veggies.

YouTube - Sweet Corn Soup - Indian Chinese Version

Make sure you eat lots of veggies, fruits and drink water in your routine. If it is not possible to go out and walk, aim to walk at home the Leslie sansone videos 1 or 2 mile walks.

Good luck,

4. dove_123

dove_123 Junior IL'ite

hi,
    I would like to join in too. i currently stand at 60 kgs n m 5'4''. i had put on 6 kgs during the past six months due to lack of exercise and eating sweets, which is my weak point. i lost 2 and am aiming for losing four more. coming to the exercise part, is it ok to do 100 jumping jacks and jog for 15 mins?? plus some situps for abs? will it do the job? i have an exercise bike, which i used to do 30 mins 4 days a week, but i want to try something different this time to make it interesting. will post daily from monday.
    best ofluck to everyone.

5. pavanivaranasi

pavanivaranasi Gold IL'ite

Hi pman,

Please count me in too. Already i am in the metabolism challenge.
    I would love to take up this challenge.

Pavani.

6. mithramurugan

mithramurugan Junior IL'ite

7. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pman,

Wonderful thought and a wonderful thread. I popped in to cheer you guys up. I am sure you guys will definitely achieve this target. The best part is Pman that you kept the weight loss goal achievable.

So all the lovely ladies, get ready to dress to kill on new year eves.

Lots of love and luck to you all.

8. prss

prss Gold IL'ite

Hi Pman,

I am in, for this challenge. From Dec 6 to 31st, its around 3.5 weeks. So, will have to lose around 0.6 kgs everyweek. I am going home for 3 weeks, but still would want to participate in this challenge, just to keep me reminded of my weight loss.
    I am currently weighing 88 Kgs. I would love it if I reach to 85.8Kgs:) by Dec 31st.

You are doing a wonderful job Pman. Being so helpful and supportive!

9. subharajagopal

subharajagopal New IL'ite

Hi,
    count me too.i am also ready for the challenge.
    regs,
    subha

10. hardtolose

hardtolose New IL'ite

Hi pman16,
    Thank u, ur compliments means so much to me. I am really happy that I am going to leave the 150's and enter the 140's.
    Till now I lost the weight by doing minimum walking, exercise becoz of my knee pains. So u r right, to lose more weight from now I have to increase the intensity.
    One good news is that I see considerable improvement in my knee pains after I lost 2 kgs[​IMG].
    I will try the Leslie videos, I want to do the walking early in the morning but most of the times something always comes up.
    Its time to recommit ourselves and lose as much as we can in a healthy way.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010