1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Growing Tulsi

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Gudiya, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Gudiya

Gudiya New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am planning to grow Tulsi in my aprtment. I was wondering if anybody has had any success growing Tulsi at home? Has it survived the winters?

2. saritaji

saritaji New IL'ite

Hi, I did grow tulasi in my condo in a flower pot. I keep it near the window, so it could get as much sunlight as it could get. Of course, I give it the plant nutrition and arranged the room to have good white-light.
    It has been about three years now, its been growing well.

Good luck with yours.

3. priyapraveendvs

priyapraveendvs Bronze IL'ite

hey where did you get tulasi in usa?

4. saritaji

saritaji New IL'ite

well, i moved from us to canada. currently in toronto. it was available in a sri-lankan grocery store for display. I paid the guy and got it.

5. tulsimata

tulsimata New IL'ite

I live in north NJ. My Tulsiji does not survive at my home due to less sunlight and cold temperature in winter time.so last year I took plant to work since I sit close to window and room temperature never go below 70 degree. This is what Tulsiji need.Perfact temperature and regular sun light. Last year when I brought plant from home to work was just 4 inch long. Right now it is 30 inch long. Only thing it needs regular sunlight. My plant faces west side of window so it gets sun from 1:00 afternoon till 5:00 in evening. Now it has started producing lot of seeds which other people at my work started taking advantage. Growing on their desk. I water every day. and One more thing I talk to my Tulsiji every day. I have seen if I am off from work and when I go day after ,my plant look sad. It will band in sad way. Tulsiji needs constant sunlight, water and your smile.I have never cut my Tulsi and its growing very well.

6. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sarita, Can you please tell me the name and address of the Srilankan store you bought your Tulsi from.Thanks.