1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Support group for losing weight

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pooja, Oct 4, 2006.

1. hariniuma

hariniuma New IL'ite

Re: General Motors 7 Days Diet Program - It's stressful but really Works !!

Hi,

I have tried this diet but could not complete bcos i was feeling very bored and funny... but actually i noticed a weight loss in 3 days time and started feeling lite..#

hope to try this deit program very soon in future.

harini

2. kavithaRao

kavithaRao New IL'ite

Hi Hariniuma,

If you prepare you body ahead, you won't feel bored or funny (i really didn't get whats funny about it... well, thats a personal 'feeling' i guess).

I was out of shape after the pregnancy and little over weight and I faced the problems that comes with it. I'm glad i went with this.

I consider this diet as cleanser and thus providing the extra benefit of weight loss.

Good luck with your start over...

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Ilites,
    I tried the Cabbage Soup posted by one of our member(Krishnaama). I tasted really heavenly with a simple salt n pepper, but WORKED:yes: .I had it for a couple of weeks and now can feel light. This is the menu i followed:

8 AM - 1 cup cabbabge soup+ 2 idlis+ mint chutney
    10.30 AM - Juice with little sugar( i took sweetlime or pome)
    12.30 PM - 2 chappathis + Sprouts + veg salad.
    3 PM - Juice/Lemon tea or green tea with less sugar.( im taking Juice since its hot in chennai)
    6 PM - a bowl of fruits(assorted)
    8.15 PM - 2 cups cabbage soup +2 chappathis/dhal.

I worked Magic. I shed 6 kgs. I undertook this and goin to maintain it since my hubby and I are planning for a baby and Doc suggested that i need to be healthy and not obese before i go about it.

i'm also taking IRON supplements (dates+ curry leaves chutney).

Try this menu, hope it helps.

4. sudhavinodh

sudhavinodh New IL'ite

Hi All,
    Im sudha and im new here..I saw the post on GM-Diet and thought of sharing myexperiene..The diet surly works..i just finished it 2 weeks back and i found out that i have lost about 10 pounds and the wonderful part of it is that i havent gained them back in these 2 weeks..Im waiting for my menustral cycle and once im done im planing to continue the diet..I would surly recomend this diet to all of you there who wants to reduce pounds..
    Forgot to mention the weigth loss happend inspite of me having an hypo thyriodism..
    :2thumbsup:
    Regards
    Sudhav

5. RPH

RPH New IL'ite

Plzzzzzzzzzzz help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,
    Its heart-warming to see all u guys being there & supporting each other. I hav a big problem.I hav my sister's weddng comng up in almost a month's time,so want to look good for the occassion as its big time for me. But even other than d look good factor,i need to shed 25kgs to stay healthy. I want to knw if i'll b able to shed this weight in a month's time & hw do i do it & regd. GM diet, does it hav any side effects? I'll hav hectic work due to d weddng,so wud it b advisable for me to follow d diet? Expecting ur reply & support at d earliest !!!!!!!!!!

6. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Hi kavithaRao and SudhaVinodh,

Congrats for successful completion of the diet plan with great loss ( of weight !!... ):2thumbsup:
    I saw the GM diet plan and willing to take up.. Before that i would like to get some tips from u ...

What are the fruits that u had on the first day,
    and
    what are the vegetables for the second day,

Normally i dont drink milk :icon_frown: , i will take it only in the form of coffee, so could u suggest me some way ?......:oops:

what do we do for day 6 and day 7 ?... Are they similar to day 5 ?.. with rice and tomatoes?..

did u try the soup mentioned ?..

kindly help me on this...

Last edited: May 8, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  7. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

:wink: hi RPH,
    1st of all welcome to IL.u have mentioned ur sis weddg is there in a mths time and u have to loose 25 kgs.well dats a difficult task to achieve.c even if u follow the GM diet u swont be able to do it.coz between 2 sessions of the diet there shud be 3days gap.if u follow it very very very sincerely as gvn, u mght loose approx 12-15kgs in a month.also it doesnt have any side effect as far as u strictly follow it and keep urself well hydrated.
    so try it out if u want,otherwise u can join smthg like VLCC,incase u really intend to spend money on loosing wt and if u want it to happen in a month.fat accumilates in our body fast,but we can loose it in the same rate.it needs time to get rid of it.c fat is a form of energy stored in our body.and the basic principle is that...energy can neither be created nor destroyed,it can be only converted from one form to another.c when u follow a diet ur body is not getting sufficient energy for normal functions,so it starts using the stored energy ie the accumulated fat.dats how u reduce.same way when u exercise that energy is used as physical energy.so its up to us how u break down this stored energy.
    well i hope u have got my point.u can loose but i thnk one month is less to loose 25kgs.i hope i havnt hurt ur feelings.i just didnt want to gv u false hopes.
    one more thg,its not that all thin people on earth look beutiful.u can still look beautiful by wearing the right kind of outfit.the curves r very much required.
    :yes: believe me u can still look gorgeous.

all my good luck to u.take a proper decission for urself.dont worry enjoy the wedding.my hubby keeps telling me "im in good shape....round is a shape":cool2:
    hey have fun......ennnnjjjooooyyyyyy...........

u take care.
    bye.
    regards,
    zeenat rizvi :wink:

8. RPH

RPH New IL'ite

Hi zeenat,
    Thank u so much for the response.I got ur point & believe me u didnt hurt me,so dnt worry.I hav always believed tht god knws whts gud for u & if ths phase has to b like ths,it will.I hav nt always been overweight.I hav put on d excess in d past year as i had neglected my health totally.So,want to make a beginning towards reducing d excess weight & look after myself atleast nw before its too late.Wht ur husband said is true & i believe all of us born on ths earth r beautiful in sumway or d other but just take care tht ur ROUND SHAPE doesnt interfere with ur health.Thanks for ur encouragement, i'll take up d GM diet & let u knw d progress.U take gud care of urself & ur family.Hav a gud time.Love u !!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave

9. lg001

lg001 New IL'ite

I'm so looking forward to join such a group..where I can get tips and motivation.

My goal is to shed another 12Kg.

I already reduce 8Kg in almost 1 year. I know very slow speed, coz studies and having 3 yr old son demands alot of time and body wants to eat something most of the time. I'm not a fruit eater thats my biggest problem. Any suggestions on that.

The top 3 things to reduce weight in couple of days: (This is what I did to reduce 8Kg..but I'm back to my bad habits so shedding 12 kg seems tough..but still I'm positive)

Drink 0% fat milk, even in tea's use that milk only.
    Reduce sugar as much as possible
    Start doing some physical activity..may be walk for 20-30 minutes.

Leena.

10. Swetam

Swetam New IL'ite

Hi thr,

u definitely have company and incidentally I came across this page that gives you spl recipes, tips and some fundoo different ex. to lose weight and stay fit!! its food.sify.com/health, just compy paste this link and let me know which ex. video are u guys following??

Sweta