1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Bed With Headboard Or No Headboard?

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Rihana, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Guys please help me decide whether to buy the bed with the headboard or the one without headboard. I like the simple looks of the no-headboard but other decision-makers prefer the traditional headboard look.

beds.png

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. Rihana

The bed will be in the extra room, used mainly for guests or us to sleep, not for sitting and watching TV or using laptop. It will mostly be placed in a corner with the long side along a wall. I want to try something new for a change and like the no-headboard. My husband's face is like I am ordering a bed with three and a half legs.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

to make both of you happy go with small headboard, instead of big one.. the one without headboard looks so different as now everyone got used of the head board..the one you posted with head board looks simple and good.

one without head board looks like a girl with out hair,chillies without spicyness,flowers without fragnance.. sorry if i offend anyone but thats just the good comparison i can come up with..

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
    Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I prefer a headboard. It just looks more finished, IMO.

Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  5. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

I have had so many wooden slats break on me that this time my ask was for a solid platform bed that won't bend or break when kids jump on it or if 4 of us sleep on it. I found one in a nice metal frame sans headboard. But the support it gives and the sound sleep it gives never made me regret giving up the headboard.

P.S. I can disassemble, carry and re assemble it and it weighs less than a newborn

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

A bed is a bed if that comes with a headboard. If not, it is a bench with cushion. Sorry, but this is what my mind see thinks - too, old fashion, may be :)

[​IMG]

7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

In insects infested home, the bed for self or guest placed not close to wall.
    A wooden or steel bed all around with free space to walk and access for broom to clean floor is with head and leg board depending upon decor one needs. The pillows remain intact with head board and gets supported.
    Without head-board, the cot would appear almost a naked-edge and for want of crevice space, insects crawl and climb into the sleeping soul’s ears, tresses and other parts! Spiders in tiny spaces can cause havoc and in such places better to choose without head and leg boards.

Rihana likes this.
  8. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Only with headboard hate when my pillows touch the wall paint . We have pretty tall headboard in all our beds .

Rihana likes this.
  9. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

headboard is not for fashion but utility. In Indian all beds used to have small height headboard. Then in US, we did not know earlier, so we did not have or buy separate headboard but now all our beds have it. Here you have to buy it separate i guess ( not always though).
    You can lean on headboard

10. Rihana

gamma50g and Thyagarajan like this.