Finest Post Nominations - August 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Aug 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nominating Committee Members and others,
    When Rihana came over last month to take charge of the proceedings of this enduring contest, you must have all heaved a sigh of relief, recalling Lord Tennyson's quote:
    "The old order changeth yielding place to new"
    I am sorry to disappoint you. The Old Order does not 'changeth' that easily :blush:
    You would have witnessed this phenomenon in many families where old guys do not give up that easily.
    Oh poor Rihana! She is up against a wall that is as unyielding as the ones that we see in advertisement for cement companies.

Cutting the long story short, here I am again calling for your nominations for August 2021.
    Let the search for the Finest Post Winner for August 2021 begin now!
    Sri

Thyagarajan, Rihana, Laks09 and 2 others like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Rihana, Laks09 and Anusha2917 like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I am here to nominate @Jayasala Madam's reply to my thread Ignorance. She has given an extraordinary comparison of science and ancient scripture and how they converge at the conclusion. I enjoyed reading her response more than writing the original post.

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sir,
    I don’t know if I adore all the antics of the older generation, but your taking over the reigns here every alternate month is not one of those difficult conversations. Welcome back!

I always love it when ILites take the time to come back and update us. When I read @shanvy’s post a couple of days ago, I felt a myriad of emotions. When a child does extraordinary things against all odds and when his mother cheers him on from the sidelines, we don’t often know the complete story. We know about Shanvy’s little one because she has shared his trials and the things she does to help him a few years ago. Now, he’s all grown up, ready to take wings and all of that hard work and effort seems to have paid off. I’ve considered Shanvy as a mentor in my own journey with my child and it’s very encouraging to see her latest update. Here’s to mother and son as they scale new heights. Shanvy has helped her young man know that the word impossible actually says I’m possible. She has also mentored some of us as we navigate similar circumstances. I’d like to nominate her latest update here as my first for August.

Tagging @Shanvy

Amica, Mistt, Thyagarajan and 5 others like this.
  5. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    You never fail to amaze me with your enthusiasm and participative spirit. Your penchant for making your first nomination ahead of others is now legendary!
    Thank you for your nomination of @abc00 's response to the post Can We Minimize/reverse The Bitterness We Have Developed Towards Someone?
    What I love about abc's response is the display of her genuineness of whatever she has suggested. I was particularly mighty impressed by her words here:
    That's truly a great statement.
    A good first nomination Viji!
    Sri

6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thanks Anna. You made my day

Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  7. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    Dear Viswa
    Thank you for your nomination of @jayasala42 's response to your thread Ignorance
    When you write such profound essays, it is not easy to respond to it. This post of yours is yet again profound.
    I am happy to read the response of jayasala which adds a lot more speculation to the OP.
    I must thank you both for your scholarly contribution.
    Sri

8. Cheeniya

@Laks09
    Dear Laks
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of an update by @Shanvy in the thread My Life Journey With My Special Kid!
    Her exultation appears so palpable on her son's achievement. I know shanvy as much as a mother as a member of IL. I can imagine the role she may have played in shaping the academic career of her son.
    I expect greater news about her son when he plunges into his research work.
    My blessings to him!
    Sri

Rihana, Laks09, Mistt and 3 others like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Dear my revered Guru @Cheeniya Sir,
    Here for the current month I wish to nominate the response of @Hopikrishnan
    at#2 to post ibid.

2. I got extremely delighted with (t)his response to the request to coin or concoct a story that befits the image and title in the post
    Sherlock Homes In You.

3. Not a single item or object was left out from numerous objects in disarray in the air conditioned spacious office chamber. Genius & Dexterous indeed.

Regards.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  10. Cheeniya

@Thyagarajan
    Dear Thyagu
    Thank you for your nomination of the response by @Hopikrishnan to your thread
    Sherlock Holmes In You
    Hopikrishnan is one of our erudite members who can throw light on any subject and add lustre to the discussions.
    Sri

Thyagarajan and Laks09 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.