1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. swathi27

swathi27 Silver IL'ite

Hi all, I have been intrigued by shanvy mams bf juices and found some valid scientific acceptable explanation online. Eversince i have been following the juice trends mostly ashgourd, pudina/betel/curry leaves(ayurvedic style). Intermittent fasting thy name.

Have been baffled with the way the health industry is treating the manifesting diseases instead of curing the root causes(Had lot of time in hand to research as my dd was sick and wanted me beside her all the time)

Have been continuing the intermittent fasting along with turmeric water at night to ease the leaky gut....and my tsh has dropped from 15 to 3(within limits). Following were the links that helped my cause

Thank you once again shanvy mam....

Afresh, Shanvy, msm and 1 other person like this.
  2. msm

msm Gold IL'ite

Those are real good videos @swathi27. Any suggestions for the juicers (India/US) ?

Shanvy likes this.
  3. msm

msm Gold IL'ite

@Shanvy - I recently read about Teff flour. Do you or anyone else have any experience using it for our Indian recipes? share feedback please

Shanvy likes this.
  4. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Thanks @Shanvy
    I like the dosa idea much!; so can we replace half the quantity of rice soaked for dosa? I need to get the pearl barley to get started first.
    I have been soaking the one with the husk for water.

Shanvy likes this.
  5. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

One cheat da ya week is a must! :tongueout:

satchitananda likes this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@swathi27 gives me immense satisfaction and happiness to see someone looking into this seriously and trying it.

i will share another healing i had..i had this small acne or growth whatevery it could be called on the side of my neck behind my ear. it has been there for a year, and i keep observing if it changes in color, or size..and i have been juicing celery in the last 2 months..befor that mostly parsley cucumbers and ginger, turmeric and many others fruits and vegetables..
    then one day it just trebled in size, and it was so painful, and moving the neck gave pain, and we were having a weekend, and my regular dr was out of station and i wanted to wait for reliable, you know where i stay, i am not comfortable visiting any dr.. so i kept drinking celery and other juices, initially pain reduced so i thought ok let me wait and see if there is going to be some pus or something that comes out when it is ready.. to my surprise within couple of day, it just went off.. where i had a acne like potrusion i now have a scar.. the only thing that was different in the whole process was juicing and adding celery ..

so it is just a way of life. my husband who was skeptical looking at me juicing anything i wish to add.i have been juicing greens even before this juicing bfs... i used to bermuda grass, aloe vera, wheat grass through the week alternatiely..i used to grow them and juice. neem juice once a month..

so juicing is now a fashion but for me it is like a new addition to a healthy lifestyle change.. i pop less pain killers..

this morning it was tumeric, amla and ginger shots, and then celery and apple.. the husband had turmeric, amla and ginger shots, beetroot, carrot and apple juice..

And i am so happy, you did your research too.. i am not advocating juicing, but i am reading up on juicing and hear of people curing autoimmune diseases through juicing alone.. I am not in for a juicing alone diet, i cannot sustain on that as I travel a lot and when i am in india, i am scared to juice much of th greens, and organic costs a bomb.. the only way i do is adapt to what i get in the place, juice, eating loads of vegetables.

snithya, Gauri03, swathi27 and 2 others like this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i am not using it @msm. i have gut issues, that you may be aware from my posts.so i keep it simple. i would not go too far into experimenting if i am not having gluten allergy, ibs or celiac disease.
    we had 64 rice varieties of which only a couple of dozen is available.. similary goiogn back to th roots we are venturing into teff, rye, and much more..
    teff is more like a version of ragi, right, it is found mostly in the african countries.. it has zero gluten, so i would work on it, just the way i do with ragi..try dosa, the best and easy way is when you are grinding urad batter for your regular idli dosa, take out a couple of ladles of urad batter.. take a ladle of this flour..(whichever maybe), add a little water, make a double, add and mix with urad batter.. when you make dosas and if it does not spread, the quick tip add a ladle of dosa batter.. as you learn the texture, the way this flour handles, you can make your dosas, idlies, bread, porridge without additions..
    try it and share..

snithya, Afresh and Gauri03 like this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yes until you find how barley works for you..it is a tad sticky, i would mix little millets if i don't want rice.. you can even add some sooji if that works for you.. i prefer little millets, or aval/poha soaked and ground together.. i would have shared roasted barley and coconut muffins somewhere in these pages.. i stopped baking as my guinea pigs are away and i don't like sweet ones at all

Afresh likes this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i have a centrifugal juicer, i have a cold press juicer and in a post some where here i shared the difference of th juices that i have made from each.

don't invest too much until you know you will juice ..because cleaning them, and everything takes time.. the meshes in whichever juicer is a pain..and with the fibre sticking into them i have a hard time cleaning..it takes me solid 1.30 hours excluding soaking time - (the fruits vegges in water and vinegar, or salt mixture) jucing, storing and cleaning.. every 3 days..

swathi27 likes this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

the weekend thalis..sorry for not coming regularly..
    WhatsApp Image 2019-04-01 at 08.09.21.jpeg

when the morning poori make your feel full, you go to simple light kitchdi with accomplishments

66c0e3de-5497-4cac-8c30-7c9540d5d319.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-01 at 08.08.46.jpeg

snithya, SunPa, Afresh and 3 others like this.