1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Couch to 5K

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sdiva20, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ladies, completed week 3....

2. sripree

sripree Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies, I am planning to start, anyone want to give me company?

2 people like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Sripree,

Welcome! It is awesome you are starting this. I am sure reading through this thread you must have learnt how awesome it is. Please start posting your progress and I am sure you will hear from other regulars too! I just wanted to step in and cheer for you :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Aria you are being tagged to justify why you are not here now.

@justanothermom @Chapra @sripree wants some company.

And sripree, i guided you to this thread, so until somebody joins you i will cheer you, and will also give this program a try..i don't seem to move ahead of the 3 week mark.

2 people like this.
  5. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

@shanvy You call and aap ki gulaam haazir !! ( Ok my written hindi sucks, I speak better than this )

2 people like this.
  6. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

I'm not sure I'm in a shape to run right now. I been walking everyday from the past 5 days :D:D. I remember all the gals advising me to start with C25k, i ran 2 days and I quit. So, I don't know....

2 people like this.
  7. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

@Laks09 are still running outside. If so how in winter? Ever since Christmas running outside has taken a toll. :wave How was your winter marathon?

1 person likes this.
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@sripree - Welcome to the thread. I started with the program last year and successfully completed it. Take it slow and don't give up on tough days. Things will fall in place.

@justanothermom - you will do great. Just get fitted for proper running shoes. And take it slow. When you can't run because you are out of breath, it means you need to slow down. Speed will come in time, concentrate on finishing the program.

@shanvy - you don't need any tips. You have the will power to finish the program. I'm sure by year end you'll be coaching a 5k team of maamis in your apartment complex!

@chitravivek - the winter half was fun. It was 60 that day so we escaped! That was the last run. I went on a fun holiday and didn't even wear the running shoes(I packed it but). I just got back. Super cold outside. It's 20 degrees here. I plan to get a five miler in today though. Will let you know how that went. I have another race in less than four weeks that I need to buck up for. Last year the temps were 19 at start and 23 at finish.
    I suggest buying some under armour or nike winter running tights and jackets. Also a proper running hat and mittens. Layer up and get out. If you don't mind the DREADMILL hit the gym! I have access to an indoor running track but I have to get out!
    here is something that will help with choosing clothes - What to Wear | Runner's World & Running Times

1 person likes this.
  9. hmishra

hmishra Platinum IL'ite

Due to life, i have a big two month gap now :( looks like i'm back to square one!!

10. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

@laks09 yup have been dreading running on dread mill. But that's what I have been doing since December. Running outside is impossible rain with 30 degrees :bang