1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,

Missed Posting and reading comments in IL. Was down with severecold and headache. Such a bad weather here…….. Feeling very lazy and tired, notin a mood for anything.
    Even DD is down with cough and cold. Once I go home justfeeling like sleeping with DD. Just wakes up to make some dosa and sleep again.COLD COLD GO away don’t make me more lazy.
    And about the Valetine s day gift, the cup I brought for myDH was broken L

2 people like this.
  2. smilysmile

smilysmile Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamala Ma'am,Congratulations on your new assignment.Hope your son get well soon.

Hello Smile ,Anupama,Vani and every one

Anupama,I have seen kids staying with grandparents at home ,while both parents work , during the summer vacation ,here it is for 3 months.Others send kids who regularly go to the afterschool or before school go to the private school/day care during the school holidays for the whole day.There is age limit to the kids they accept ,usually around 11 years.

I pray God to get me back on schedule and stay with me in these overwhelming days

3 people like this.
  3. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hello Everyone - Hope everyone is doing better. Didn't get a chance to read all the posts.
    My parents are here so I am enjoying time with them.

That is the reason I didn't come online to post the things I have done.
    Because I didn't do anything till now.

From today I am planning on completing my projects that I have been postponing from so long because of the lack of time.

Will update you all from tomorrow.

Take care,
    Priya

6 people like this.
  4. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hai everyone,

I was busy cleaning my house and clearing all the clutters around. Still cleaning the house and also taking care of my household chores.

Got up at 6.30 AM today and prepared breakfast and lunch. Woke my DD up and made her get ready for school. Made her drink her health drink and dropped her at her school bus pick up point. washed the vessels and since I am the only person here have to take care of watering plants and taking care of the household chores. This is a big challenge for me and hope i give my best :)

5 people like this.
  5. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

hI ALL,

Weather getting better in oman . Today being thursday so happy that weekend is here.
    This news itself ahve brought a little relief to my cold and feel better.

Still feel no interest for food, one way it a good at last 250 - 350 gms will decrease :)
    I swear, even if i dont eat anything na, this is wat i lose ..........

Tom friday, as usual pooja is there.........

2 people like this.
  6. smilysmile

smilysmile Gold IL'ite

Dear all,

Yesterday updates,

Dosa,chutney,Rice and dal-most prep work done by DH,dosa and rice by me.

Sunny evening,I decided to go to park ,but DH wanted kids play in the backyard so we could save some time and there was warm sun.

We played some time,later I started spraying the weed spray,too much weed overgrowth,kids wanted to spray ,just gave them a chance and told it was of chemicals so they need to stay away.Later I spread the plant food ,miracle gro,the kids wanted to water ,I let them.Meanwhile I asked DH to help me carry the cow manure and we spread it over the grass..He just wanted to walk to get sunshine and some Vit D from Sun God.Lots of plants died ,have to remove them in the coming weeks.I now appreciate the hard work of farmer.

Felt sorry for DH as he needed to go to work even when he is weak due to cold and ear infection,ENT surgeon put him on steroids and antibiotics.

Later Homework time for both the kids.Iam trying to get it finished atleast a day before ,not to wait until the last day.As usual it took so long and I focused on the hand writing ,told them to do slowly ,not to rush and they have to follow this until they reach 3rd grade.

Teaching spellings is the hardest part.Some letters sound silent.Don't know how to teach them.Some sound the same c,K.shakehead

I learnt from them that Mr.Abraham Lincoln's pic is on pennies and Mr.George Washington's pic is on quarters and Dollars.They both were wondering whether Mr.George washington's hair was wig!!!!I learnt about the state bird ,flowers from them.They asked me about flower and bird representing India.

Simple BF and Lunch pongal and pineapple slices .
    Have to take my little one to Doctor's office.

We are in a dispute with a sales manger ,very bad experience,gals ,don't forget to read all the instructions.Not all the stores have a good refund or exchange policy.I thought every store is like the major chains ,nope,some have no refund policy.We made a big purchase and then came to know that the sale was final,once the money get in to their hands ,people behave very differently.Check the reviews throughly,I read the reviews after the purchase and every one adviced not to buy there.Any way now we have to adjust with the poor quality product and horrible ,lying customer service.

These days my sleep is very disturbed as Iam anxious about the next two to three days to do list.Waking up very unrefreshed .Same thing with DH,paying property tax and filing income taxes,we are missing all the dead lines.

Shall try to work on these.

Priya,have a nice time with your parents

Vani,I understand the winter blues,Nice to hear the weather is getting better in your place.

Sound and every one take care

4 people like this.
  7. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,
    Hi Smilysmile, Veeramachaneni, Sound Vijay, Girvani, Anupamag, Smile30, Kkrish,
    No updates from anyone for the past three days. But I am so fond of this thread.
    Here for me, new week have started in office.
    Yesterdays update:
    Woke up at 9.00in the mrng.
    Made bf and then started with chopping veggies.
    Made Aviyal and sambar yesterday.
    Then at noon again slept.
    Dinner we went out to a good restaurant here.
    Now climate is better. But I have to tide over the left over effects of cold and laziness..

4 people like this.
  8. Smile30

Smile30 Silver IL'ite

Hi everyone..how are you

My updates

Yesterday woke up at 9 and cleaned kitchen..then made corn pakoda for bf...sounds silly as that is a evening snack but somehow I felt like eating in the morning..dh did not ate too much due to oil food...then at 11went for grocery shopping and till 2 we went to all possible shops near by to that grocery store..then planned for lunch at indian restaurant...went at 2.30 and closing time was 3...we didnt like food as they were rushing bringing all items at a time and we dint even bothered to eat everything which is ordered...so we made it to go parcel to home...then came home and slept for some time and then I went to driving while dh is watching tv...,at 7 got a cal from friends for going downtown...so we went at 9 and came back home at 2.. just now got up...

Hope all are good...takecare

4 people like this.
  9. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lovely enthusiastic Ladies, i am back..

My wound healed well,after that i am having some red spots through out the upper part of the body and it is itching so much and also from last week my son is not well till now, Having severe cold and blocking nose, in between project works, elocution competitions for him... so busy preparing things for him

Week end was well and solved some issues with hubby this weekend. That was a big achievement for me this week end..
    Hope my itching problem and my son's blocking nose would be cured soon...
    Other than that today cleaned the home and mopped it, arranged some clothes, arranged the provisions that we bought this week...

I hope from this week, again i will clean the house as much as possible...

Take care everybody

4 people like this.
  10. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hello friends

Could not post since couple of days. Weekend was good, friday night had a send off for a family returning back to India. Saturday woke up late, had biscuits and coffee for Bf,made Nolkol sambar for lunch, evening went out and finished shopping. For the night prepared puri and chole. Sunday morning again woke up late and DH went to gym. Prepared cucumber sambar and tomato rasam and Ironed clothes for week, helped DD set her school bus, PE kit and swimming kit. Then helped her prepare her art home work and watched some serials.

Monday:

Woke up at 5.30 and prepared capsicum bath for lunch boxes and bread toast for BF. Woke up DD and gave her milk, and after her bath, combed her hair, this is the only thing for which she depends on me and her dad cant do it. Left at 7.20 and reached office at 8.20. Now feeling hungry, will go and have lunch.

How are u all doing?

5 people like this.