1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

anthurium care.

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by cecivim, Dec 4, 2013.

1. cecivim

cecivim New IL'ite

I need to know how to care for anthurium plants, what manure can be used for it?

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Anthurium is one of the easier plants to care I believe - moderate temps, no direct sunlight but plenty of light and watering only after it dries out seem to help this plant thrive.

You can find more information here Anthurium Plant Care

3. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

OP,

Did you recently start growing them or are they old plants that refuse to bloom?

In my experience, anthuriums won't produce more flowers by feeding them more.
    In fact, too much fertilizer will result in lush foliage but few flowers.

Anthuriums flourish best with modest amounts of fertilizer.

If it’s a new plant, wait till it puts forth new leaves and then you can use a good liquid fertilizer of NPK value - 7:9:5 ( N- Nitrogen/ P- Phosphorus/ K – Potassium ). Dilute it to half strength and then use.

Check the NPK value on the fertilizer label – make sure it is low-nitrogen.
    What you want is a healthy anthurium plant that produces constant blooms – to achieve this, the ratio of phosphorus should always be higher than nitrogen.

When you’re growing leafy plants, it’s the reverse – you need more of nitrogen for luxuriant leaf growth.

And finally, always make sure that the soil is never completely dry whenever you feed the plant, or the roots will burn up and your plant will die.