1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone lost 20 pounds lately? How?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by soccermom, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear All
    What is pcos/
    Also why can we have unlimited amount of cheese?
    Thanks in advance

4. maya_nair

maya_nair New IL'ite

Hi,

Congratulations on losing so much! I will start this diet too and let you know how it goes..

BTW I am 5'2" and 78kg..been losing 2-3kg and gaining back last 2 years..somehow have to lose 15-20kg this year..

Is it OK to have milk instead of the cheese? Or curds?

Bye
    Maya

5. shakila banu

shakila banu Bronze IL'ite

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

pmahensa
    How do you get info like these
    For example, 1/2 cup of cooked beans contain 15 grams of carbs and 8 grams of protein. The best sources then become cheese, which has no carbs, or nuts (1/4 cup nuts have 5 grams of carbs and 5 grams of protein).

Is there a website that can give this info pleas help
    Thanks

7. Happysoul1234

I guess it is ok to have milk or curds rather than cheese, just remember that both do have carbs while cheese has none. But milk first thing in the morning can be an issue if you are pre-diabetic like me. It raises blood sugar when milk is consumed first thing in the morning, but again, only an issue if you are pre-diabetic.

The nutrition information I had written about was provided to me by my dietician who I meet every 2 weeks to go over my diet chart.

A cool website to check out is FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal. It is free and I use it to record my daily intake of foods - you just enter the food and the quantity and it records the calories, fats, carbs, proteins etc. It also has a fair number of indian foods, for example, chappatis are under whole wheta tortillas. Additionally, if a food is not listed in there, you can create it yourself under custom foods and copy in the nutrition value from the food package.

Hope this helps!

Pooja

8. soccermom

soccermom New IL'ite

Everyone, thanks for the great advice, keep it coming please :queen:queen.
    pmhensa thanks especially for your great inputs & getting some of us inspired, keep ti up girl !:cheers
    Any more ideas anyone,
    thanks again

9. Happysoul1234

Soccer Mom,

You're welcome! I wish you the best success in this endeavor! It can really be done on low carb diet .. I am living proof :) ... 4.5 pounds lost in past 1.5 months .. and that too with minimal excercise ... Due to medical conditions, I cannot work out right now, so all I do is walk 10-15 mins after each meal from one end of the apt to the other!

This is really unbelievable for me who had to previously fight for every ounce of weight loss!

Pooja

10. Happysoul1234

Really Cool Breakfast Idea - Good Balance of Protein(13 gms) and Carbs(22 gms)

1 chappati
    1 oz. cheese
    1/4 cup fat free refried beans
    1 tbsp chutney

On the tava, heat up the roti a bit. Put a slice of cheese on it and some refried beans and some chutney of your choice. Heat till chapatti is crisp. Roll into cyclinder and enjoy!