1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. sizzling

sizzling New IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

I am now 68. Have lost only 1 kg so far. One morning I was 67.5 also but somehow the weight didnot stick to that and rapidly went up again to 69. Then when I was kind of throwing up my hands in despair yesterday morning it became 68 again.Rechecked this morning ..it is still 68.

I am a Bong and from 2nd October we have our Durga Puja and I really want to drop another 1-2 kilos and wear
    some really snugfit western wear.

Well, I am still at the job and would keep you updated when I see the scales moving a bit.Let me know if I can tweak the diet here and there and get some extra burn .

Love

Soma

2. anjali1997

anjali1997 Silver IL'ite

Dear Shiva,

Thanks for the kind word. Even I think climbing staircase everyday in a week is too much and will surely effect my knee..

Can I mix and match my excercise i.e 2 days in a week treadmill for 45 min and Elliptical another, 2 days yoga ( I do surya namaskar along with specific excercise for hands, ab etc ) and one day (if possible two days) climbing stairs.

3. jsuganya

jsuganya Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Siva for your wonderful blog, you are an inspiration to everybody in their weight loss journey. So far i have reduced 5 pounds in 3 weeks by following your diet with slight modifications as per my convenience. Iam 4'11 and weight 56.6kgs, need to lose another 7kgs to be in the ideal weight range. Thanks for your wonderful blog and support to everybody

4. p4peacock

p4peacock Gold IL'ite

HI Shiva,

Like all,my wishes also adds to u and ur work.Really u r doing a good job dear......

Help me too in achieving my goal dear........

My ht 5.4
    My wt 79kgs

My diet includes:

Morning:
    Before breakfast: 1 glass water with lemon and honey
    Breakfast: 1 cup rice vth lot of curry and 1glass buttermilk

Lunch: 2cups milk vth cornflakes or oats with jaggery or bread slices-5 or idli-4 or dosa-3 with chutnies like this it includes south indian bkfast items.

Dinner: depends on my hungry and mostly bkfast again like upma,dosa,chapathi etc., but recently started eating fruits for dinner.

Meamwhile in the middle i snack by bisc or fruits like orange water melon...

coming to my workout recently started cycling for 15m.

Please feel free to advise me and help me in achieving my goal

5. p4peacock

p4peacock Gold IL'ite

HI Shiva,

Like all,my wishes also adds to u and ur work.Really u r doing a good job dear......

Help me too in achieving my goal dear........

My ht 5.4
    My wt 79kgs

My diet includes:

Morning:
    Before breakfast: 1 glass water with lemon and honey
    Breakfast: 1 cup rice vth lot of curry and 1glass buttermilk

Lunch: 2cups milk vth cornflakes or oats with jaggery or bread slices-5 or idli-4 or dosa-3 with chutnies like this it includes south indian bkfast items.

Dinner: depends on my hungry and mostly bkfast again like upma,dosa,chapathi etc., but recently started eating fruits for dinner.

Meamwhile in the middle i snack by bisc or fruits like orange water melon...

coming to my workout recently started cycling for 15m.

Please feel free to advise me and help me in achieving my goal

6. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shiva, I am very new to IL , but started to taking measures for weight loss from the pst 2 yrs. still my weight will go up and down and does n't stick to a stall. I really need a proper guidance from you, since I see lots of friends are mentioning about you and you already lost the weight practically. If it is ok with you, i will share my routines and you can guide me. i have seriously into the process from this sep. I want to come to 125 pounds by dec.Currently I am 135 pounds.33 yrs old.
    Thanks.

7. Mihisha

Mihisha Senior IL'ite

Dear Shivaaa

How are you.... seems busy with ur job etc. Here are my exercise, weight and diet updates and I would love to hear any feedback:

1. Weight-- fluctuates between 70.2 to 70.5 Kgs

2. no reduction in weight since last 10 days.

3. Since last 10 days, mix of running at 4.5-4.8 speed and walking at 4.0-4.1 speed. I had added running in this past 10 days thinking I wud reduce but I havent reduced any significant weight. Why running stalled my weight loss? I added this as a challenge to my body and also I am planning to run/walk in our local university's 5k marathon for cancer awareness.
    After 3/4 days to running, I couldnt run more and for the past 3 days I am going down to walking at 3.8....so I have added elliptical 15 min and brisk walk 45 min, I cannot walk very briskly.. even though I gave a break of 1 day to give a complete rest..... please suggest some exercise routine at this point. I really need to go to 57/58 kgs.

4. Diet-- Dinner done by 7 pm, and consist of light dinner- lassi (less salt), protein dish (chana/lobiya/tofu), 1-2 spoon rice and salad. For lunch I have salads or same as dinner and for BF- I have either bread omellette/ bread soya patty. What shud I change in my diet?

I know u r v busy with ur work load, so take ur time and reply at your leisure.....

Other members who have lost weight and have been in my position, please guide me how to break this plateau,

Thank youuu
    Hugs

Misha

8. p4peacock

p4peacock Gold IL'ite

Hi Shiva,
    Waiting so much for ur reply dear......

Meanwhile i got a new threadmill yesterday. So please guide me to workout on that. My target is half kg per week. Is it ok r not? Please come soon with the answers dear............

Waiting for ur reply..........:coffee

Thanks
    Peacock

9. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anjali,

Alternating your exercise pattern is a good trick. When you do surya namaskar make sure to add some cardio for 10-15 minutes.

Love

10. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jsuganya,

Thanks a ton for your appreciation. I am very happy to know that my blog was useful to you.

All the best for your weight loss.

Lots of love