1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

MISHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Where were you???? My god its ages since I last heard from you.

Great news. I remember how much you wanted a dream job and I am sure this will be the one. Big job with Big Money :).

The first time you wrote to me on my blog you were 79 kgs and you wrote that you think you will never be able to lose weight, look at you now, you have come a long way. Maintaining weight in spite of crazy work schedules is an awesome job done.

Misha, if you can just take up walking then your weight will come down. We do not require rigorous exercises to lose weight, walking coupled with normal diet does the trick. Shanvy, is a great example of this technique. She lost a considerable amount by walking.

My point is, if you have decided to participate in the race then finish it. Don't stop till you reach the finish line. The tortoise could have given up in the classic race but he did not, with his own speed he made sure to complete what he started. Though the story is about persistence, it also tell us to finish what we started, if we do not then the unfinished things will keep coming back to haunt.

Make a target to hit 70 kgs, which is just 3 kgs down. Think no more. Think of just 3 kgs to knock off. I understand that with work pressure its very difficult to take out time for exercise, now a days I keep only 45 minutes to 1 hour for exercising as I cannot afford more time. That one hour I dedicate to refresh myself, do my planning and hear some great music. Start by setting aside 30-40 minutes fr yourself and for your body.

Lots of love to you.

regards

2. shivachoubey

Dear Pman,

Lots of love to you :). I miss being regular on IL too. So have decided that I will be here for 30 minutes atleast. Can't stay without IL.

Planning to get back to my blog as well.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

3. cool2010

cool2010 New IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

Trust everything is going good with you. Been a long time updating my stuff. I am at 120lb for last 3-4 weeks. Working on it to move my scale down. I was not well and been on antibiotics for cold.
    Lost lots of hair after getting to 120lb:). Thanks to Pam for suggesting vitamins.
    Now its better after taking vitamins. 10 more pounds to go.............long way.

How are the things at your end? any updates on weight?If you get a chance, place a note.

Takecare and have fun.

4. Mihisha

Mihisha Senior IL'ite

SHIVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, lots of hugsss :hiya
    I am so happy you have given me a warm welcome back! :)
    How are youd ear, I see that you have lost the 0.5 Kgs – from 64.5 to 64 kgs—yayyy :cheers ---I wonder how I would manage the frustrating plateau- but I guess no worries- an angel here is always there to help me around :thumbsup
    I know its been ages… I was so grossed up in my job search, it was extremely tough to get a break…. This is still, of course, not my dream job—it’s a simple research job and I still keep pursuing the career I want.
    I know I have maintained the weight and not gone back to 79kgs..., it really motivates me to further reduce, now that I have a job I can have a set routine, and not get tensed about joblessness.. the more time I was sitting home unemployed, the more anxious I was becoming but thankfully I didn’t gorge on fatty stuff….you are right- now my target is to see 70 on the scale- I am not resting / distracting until I do that and I would post it here that I did it.. love u babes—
    For the last few days, I have been walking outside with hubby dear- its nice weather so I am ditching gym, also for my feet- I have to avoid treadmill for a while- in addition for the past 2-3 days, I am eating fruits after the walk- no eating after 8pm- I do have dinners before 8- something light with tea.
    Feel so nice to connect back again! :)

Misha

1 person likes this.
  5. rashima4u

rashima4u Silver IL'ite

Hi Shiva, can we eat Till-Laddu(sesame+gaggery) ??
    I think they are healthy if we eat 2laddu per week ??

thanks for replying

6. anandvaruna

anandvaruna New IL'ite

Hey Shiva!:hiya

How u doin? So howz ur work goin?i missed u :bonk

My lyf is goin thru rough patch ryt nw. M really stressed out. Lot is happening at personal as well as professional end. i am losing out myslf in all dis.

My weight has come down to 60kgs from 64kgs.

I am just hoping that all these problems pass away quickly.

Wish me luck

Tk cr of urslf as u alwz tk care of all of us!:bowdown

1 person likes this.
  7. shivachoubey

Hi Cool,

Nice to hear from you and nice to know about your progress. I kind of lost track with my weight loss and ended up gaining few pounds, life got crazy busy. But I got back on track on time and I am back on my schedule. I guess after the initial adjusting period it feels good to be back.

Keep me posted about your progress.

Love

8. shivachoubey

Dear Rashima,

Yeh you can have that laddu but keep in mind that it will be around 200 calories. To make one ladoo at least a handful of sesame seeds are used and don't forget the jaggery. Sticking to 2 a week is a good idea.

Love

9. shivachoubey

Dear AnanadVaruna,

Lots and lots and lots of love and hugs to you. Congrats on your weight loss.

I am good. Busy but happy to be busy.

Ups and downs are a part of life. So right now if you are going through a rough patch be assured that a smooth sailing is very near to you. Sooner than you realize life will be easy and smooth.

One way to deal with a rough patch is to stop thinking and worrying about it all the time. Firmly tell yourself that things will turn around for good, do it every night before sleeping and every morning before getting down from your bed. This will help you to look forward in life.

We are given rough patches so that we can struggle our way out of them, the struggle is what makes us stronger. So don't give up. Whatever you are facing will make you stronger and once it is over you will understand the value of your struggle and the value of the rough patch.

Lots of love to you girl.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

shiva dear,

how are you doing..i am sure you are too busy right now. i just wanted to enquire, do you know anybody who delivers meals not the regular sohar. homecooked food??

did i tell you i knocked off the kgs that i gained during my sickness and maintenance phase. these days people ask me are you dieting, we see a tremendous change, i say just sensible eating..

i have to tell you a incident that happened last week. i was in the bus and it was full. i was sitting and there was this lady who was standing holding a kid..the kid should be 3 years. i offered the seat, but the lady refused..but she told her son " go and sit in that akka's lap..:)hide::hide::bonk) " and i was looking whom she was talking about..it took some time to realise she was talking about me.didi ME??. oh all the aunties, madams are now gone.. it feels good, even if she may not have seriously meant it.

another is there is this new inshape (philips) centre opened near our place. usually i dread to walk through such places, for fear that they will offer free advice, and pamphlets..surprisingly for the first time, no body bothered..and it really feels great..after so many years of dodging these kind of people.

thanks a lot for all the motivation..and i still badly need to reduce the rest.. and i am sure i will, slow and steady...