1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Help need in planting

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by harini, Jun 28, 2011.

1. harini

harini New IL'ite

dear ladies i am in uk,i am interested in planting some flower plants at home.i am staying in a flat.i can grow plants only inside of my house.so please help what kind of plants i can grow inside both in summer and winter seasons.it can also a be herbal plants.

2. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Harini:

If your flat gets good amount of sunshine during the day, you can have seasonal flowering pots . Otherwise it is best to go for ornamental plants like money plant, spatyphyllum and philodendrons. They do well in partial shade as well and need basic care. If you have space near your kitchen window and there is ample light, few herbs like basil, coriander and chives can be grown in small pots.

Hope this helps.
    Sindhu

3. harini

harini New IL'ite

thank u sindhu in kitchen n hall window sunshine is very good.but can u suggest any flower plant which i can keep it inside.i would like to keep flowers for the god.so some flower plant which we can keep for the god,that can be grown inside the house with r without sunshine.because here the climate is very bad to decide suddenly its changing.

4. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Harini:

All flowering plants need direct sunlight for a few hours atleast to flower well. If the rooms you have mentioned do get direct sunlight then go ahead. The one flower that I have found does well with little sunlight is balsam (impatiens variety). But I am not sure if you find in the UK since in some areas it has been termed a weed - reason it is invasive. Maybe pinching off the seeds will take care of that problem. You can try Nasturiums and Chrysanthemums.

I have tried hyacinth indoors, the rest of the flowering plants that I planted like blue mink, muscari, tulips, nicotiana, lily variety and geranium have all been outdoors.

Sindhu

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011