1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the detailed reply Shiva .. Will keep you posted on my progress .

And my past eating habits were really bad.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 144pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=192><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=3 width=64><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2; WIDTH: 48pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20 width=64> <TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3f3f3f; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-TOP: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 width=64>Past<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3f3f3f; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-TOP: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 width=64>Present<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #3f3f3f; BORDER-RIGHT: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20>Idly<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3f3f3f; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2; BORDER-TOP: #3f3f3f; BORDER-RIGHT: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 align=right>6<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3f3f3f; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2; BORDER-TOP: #3f3f3f; BORDER-RIGHT: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 align=right>2.5<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #3f3f3f; BORDER-RIGHT: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20>Dosa<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3f3f3f; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2; BORDER-TOP: #3f3f3f; BORDER-RIGHT: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 align=right>5<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3f3f3f; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2; BORDER-TOP: #3f3f3f; BORDER-RIGHT: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 align=right>2<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #3f3f3f; BORDER-RIGHT: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20>Rotis<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3f3f3f; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2; BORDER-TOP: #3f3f3f; BORDER-RIGHT: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 align=right>5<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3f3f3f; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2; BORDER-TOP: #3f3f3f; BORDER-RIGHT: #3f3f3f 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 align=right>3

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  2. rashima4u

rashima4u Silver IL'ite

Hi Shiva, I tried curd dressing on green salad and it worked quite well, thaks a lot for the idea.

i make fresh juice with oranges at home (without sugar), do you think its good as Dh doesn't like to eat oranges :bowdown

3. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

hi shiva,
    how r u?i know its been a while.......there is nothing happening on wt loss front....thats the reason......on other hand lot of other things r happening ....iam undergoing ayurvedic treatment for backpain.........recently i started having pain more frequently nd severly.........having some prob in the disc area.........doc asked to take rest for a while after that only normal walking on tm......as u always say....take it slow.....i missed coming here.....is ur wt coming down?gud luck.tc

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi ridha,,

hugs to you. one of my doctors adviced me to go for normal walks and not use the treadmill. so i never tried the treadmill apart from cardio tests..i have a spinal injury..so take it slow, and just walk slowly..do not attempt anything serious until you feel your body is fine.

don't worry yaar..slow and steady will win the race..we did not accumulate the whole fat in a few days nah as shiva always tells us.

shiva, just going on doing my walks and diet..i am stuck on the plateau..but feel better than before..

5. Mihisha

Mihisha Senior IL'ite

Dear Shiva and all my friends!

I am logging in after a loooooooonng time, I hope everyone is doing great and acheiving success on weight loss goals.

I, on the other hand, have been stuck on it. Due to various issues in my life regarding job etc, I could not keep up with the thread.... a- lot has been going on.. but finally a good news of my job-- I recently got a job in atlanta, GA. and I have decided to move, my husband would follow after few months.

My weight loss efforts have been seriously hampered with a lot of factors:

1) My health issues- my right hand is almost recovered from tennis elbow but I still cannot hold anything heavy/ dumbbells etc-- my upper arms are the most ugliest fatty areas of my body.. anyways, left knee and right foot are also beyond exercise, I am in the process of getting X rays and physiotherapy sessions amidst all this chaos of job search, now new job, relocation things on my mind!

2) I did not control the eating part-- I did not eat anything heavy like ice creams/ fatty things but I did have traditional roti/ dal dinners at night ...

My weight is now 73.5 , I had started this forum with a weight of 79 kgs last yr around May 2010..... :) at least I have not gained all that....

I hope to have a great new start now.. I read the reply of Shiva to ridha's comment on pg 590.. where ridha seem to be in exactly my shoes and Shiva's classis encouraging words... read it couple of times to rejuvenat emyself... Thankkks SHiva.. you are doing great work here as usual.... lots of hugssss,

I would try to be regular here so I reach my goals!

Misha

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Mihisha,

good to know some of the issues are sorted out and you are looking at hitting the weight loss programme again with vigor..thats the way dearie..we will do it together..

7. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

Just dropped in to say hi to you. How are you doing? Wish to see you more often in IL.

8. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rashima,

If you are making the juice at home then its fine. This is what long back a dietitian told me and when I started with weight loss I always kept it in mind because it made sense. She told me to avoid any kind of fresh juices apart from watermelon. The reason for this is, that when you make a juice you strip off all the fibers, hence what is left behind is just fruit water which has natural sugars. It easily digestible and easily turned into glucose by body and hence easily leading to gaining of calories.

So, if you can, then avoid such type of juices which are devoid of fiber. Try buttermilk instead, its very healthy and very good for weight loss as well as health.

Hope this helps.

regards

9. shivachoubey

Dear Ridha,

I am very happy to see your post here. Again sorry for the late reply.

Please do not ignore this. Any disc related problem will only be detected in an MRI and not in X-Ray. I have suffered a major slip disc myself, I was flat on my back for 2 months and then for 2 years I could hardly walk. SO, where back is concerned I am very careful.

As your weight will come down your back pain and back problem will go. More the weight on the spine weaker the back.

Make sure not to bend down. If you need to pick up anything from the floor, then squat with the help of your thighs and get up with the help of your thighs.

For weight loss, eat less oily food and walk normally and slowly for 20-30 minutes, this should do the trick.

I missed you too :). As for my weight loss nothing is happening. My schedule is a bit crazy these days as I have few training classes to attend, so I am running around the whole day but I do eat healthy and try to hit the gym 5 days a week. Will write about it more in my blog post.

Lots of love to you. Hope to see you soon.

regards

10. shivachoubey

Dear Shanvy,

Plateaus are damn frustrating. The more weight we lose more difficult it gets to lose more weight, a catch22 situation.

Hang in there my dear friend.

Lots of love to you.

regards