1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Do you like Clematis?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by cheerful, Jun 21, 2011.

1. cheerful

cheerful Bronze IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Any clematis lovers here? I just saw a beautiful purple one in bloom in [/JUSTIFY][JUSTIFY]Srama's thread [/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]I must say that Clematis has become one ofmy favorite vine plants. They have such gorgeous flowers, totally stunning when they are in bloom. They come in different colors and varieties. Basiclly, they are deciduous perennial plants that are very hardy with single or double blooms, small or large.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]Among the three types of clematis, type A s are early flowering in April and May and type B bllom in mid june and type cs are autumn or late flowering. Type A mostly bloom from previous season's growth , so one must take care in not pruning them after july, doing so will result in much lesser blooms or none. Type B hybrids blooms on previous seasons growth once in spring and then on new seasons growth in autumn. Type C is much easier, many are free flowering until autumn, pruning anytime after flowering is just fne.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]I have always loved flowering vines and wanted to have some when we bought a house. I find clematis the best choice because they are not aggressive, fine small leaves, very slim and sophisticated even when they are not blooming, comes in different colors, there is always a clematis from spring to autumn, there is always a clematis for that little space in your garden, even they can be on any trees in your garden. My next project is plant one by the pine tree in front of my yard.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]I am only a beginner with a clematis an owns just four of them one from each category type a , b and c.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]If you are a Clematis lover, post your pictures and your experience with Clematis. If you are not, try one , it grows very well in a pot too and comes back year afteryear. I guarantee you, this plant is sure cheer you up.[/JUSTIFY]

[JUSTIFY]I have attached my clematis pictures here, mine is very plain ordinary compared to the varieties available in market now, planning to add a new one every year.[/JUSTIFY]

Attached Files:

2. faith11

faith11 New IL'ite

Hi,

They are so pretty, I love the first one.
    Do you reckon they would they grow well in front of a fence?

3. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Liked the 1st and the last one.

4. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

the pinkish and white ones looks very beautiful. thanks for sharing.

Shanti

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Wow....i love them all...that violet one looks soooooo beautiful...i can keep looking at them all the day....
    thanks for sharing

1 person likes this.
  6. radhasrikanth

radhasrikanth Gold IL'ite

WOW! BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL ! no words to describe thanks for such pictures.does these grow only in places likes yours.:thumbsup

7. me3

me3 New IL'ite

Yeah,awwww,dey re so beautiful!!

8. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

vow..pretty flowers:)

9. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

Oh! they are nice esp., the first one and the last one are. thaks for sharing.

10. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Thank You for detailed info on clematis...In fact I didnt know its name at all and your picture which variety are theyA,B or C?

I love flowers n I love clematis too.......