1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A little change in our diet and succeed in weight loss

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by gokusha, May 13, 2011.

1. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

Thanks Gokusha for taking the time to read my post :).. It took me about an year to slowly introduce one new thing and now finally I am at peace with myself one hundred percent. I feel like I am in control of my body/fitness. For me there is no other feeling that is so divine ;-) I

2. FirSrk

FirSrk Senior IL'ite

Gokusha,

Thanks for alot of useful info and giving a topic for all to put in their two cents.

3. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Well written Geeta.
    Cannot agree more in each and every point you have said. I have to say 'hats off' for getting this far and taking care of yourself and DH :bowdown

4. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi FirSrk,

Thanks alot..i want to share as well get more info and ideas from others too...which we might be missing to follow..

5. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Geeta&Ptamil,

I am getting Healthy jealousy by seeing Geeta's strict diet following and Ptamil's weight track sticker:idea

6. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

WOW ! Amazing friends, im overwhelmed to see the posts here and feel good to know there are many health-conscious people. I will take time some day to post my changes here as im bit busy now.

7. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Pman,

Thanks for stepping in..waiting for your points too add on...pelase find time to post.

8. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

That was a compliment gokusha :), thank you
    Well, to be honest, I have my ups and downs, still 5 more kgs to go...but would be happy even if I can lose 2 more kgs from today

9. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Mind blowing responses...Good job by everyone.I felt I attained food nirvana just by reading all your replies :bowdown

I had made some changes here and there and thought that I was being fit and healthy :bonk

My tiny little adjustments since past 1.5 years

1.Sugar - I have cut down on sweets completely. No sugar in anything except tea(just 3/4th tsp a day). For oats, we substituted dates instead of sugar. Earlier I was a person who added sugar to honeybunch oats. No more assumption of badam milk/fruit custard as healthy food because of the amount of sugar that goes into it.

2.Oil - I steam vegetables and use very little oil for seasoning. Steaming brought good results than boiling them.

3.Pizza - I am bad compared to you guys...eat once in every 3 months.

4.Papad/other crackers - Only microwave and frequency is once in 2-3 months

5.No junk snacks like murukku,thattai,mixture,bhel mix and other chaat varieties any day

6.Recent addition - Went "No-Maggi".

7.Fruit juice in the morning every day - Mix 2 fruits minimum and drink with pulp. No wastage.

8.Eat out once a week - When eating out, order no appetizer. Just main entree. Dessert is eaten very rarely. Also choose the one with less calorific value in italian restaurants. I am getting geared up to make new recipes so I can control the urge to eat out.

9.Keep no ice creams at home

10.Whole wheat products mostly except Rice. Wasn't aware much of brown rice. Will buy them next time

Here after, I am going to look for a healthy substitute of everything that goes to my mouth. :thumbsup

10. supriya84

supriya84 Senior IL'ite

I have made some changes for myself and my husband after getting married last year.As women we are more careful about what we eat because of our concern about the weight.But men on the other hand are more careless.

Before marrieage he used to eat from kfc/mackers and hungry jacks often now we only eat that during long trips if no other food is available.

He used too eat too many biscuits/snacks/chips and ready to eat canned food.I have made him reduce it a lot now and since i cook at home we dont have to buy ready to eat stuff.

sometimes with my fulltime work and at winter time i get lazy to cook after coming home so whenever i get the chance i cook and freeze the food.

I totally avoid frizzy drinks even if we go out with friends i ask for water or orange juice.

i avoid chocolates and chips but in the afternoon at about 3 oclock in the office i get a craving for nibbles.(knowing that our vending machine has a good stock).so i tr y to have yogurt after lunch.

i have taken up yoga and try to do it atleast twice a week.

i avoid rice/heavy food at night.(eventhough sometimes we cant stop craving and try to go to restaurnts after work.)

pls try to have lunch a bit late 1pm-2pm instead of 12 noon sharp.this keeps you fuller for longer .