1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss team - To shed weight permanently

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Aabhi, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi sudha,

Glad that you've met your old friend after 20 years. It feels great isn't it. Of course you need to eat her hand cooked food (with tons of love). Don't worry, good you've compensated with 45 min brisk walking.

Good luck sudha.......... keep moving.

2. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Oosha,

whom are you addressing your reply to..... please advice.

3. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Pranuthi,

Of course it's motivating us. Great Job :whistle, glad that you could balance the exercise lack. Thanks for passing on the energy, we need such high energy level to keep going.

Good luck dear..........

4. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Sheshin,

Thanks for dropping your update. I too failed on the diwali week end. Did not balanced well with diet & exercise. I was feeling guilty but stood up on the track from day before yesterday. I think it's perfectly alright to have a fruit around 3 to 4 PM when you feel hungry inbetween meals. That's the perfectly way to handle your hunger. At time, fruit may not be enough... but need to get this done as a practice.

Good luck sheshin.....

5. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hey kads,

Welcome :welcome to our WL team. You only have 6 to 7 kgs to go.......... i think that's pretty easy when comparing to my target. Just decide on your diet & exercise programme and start doing it. And don't forget to update us.

6. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

O.k gals,

It's my update time now. It was not too bad yesterday, some how managed. But need to substitute chapathi with rice for dinner. Still working on it.

13/11/2007
    B.F : 2 idly with cup of sambhar
    Lunch : Cup of rice with chicken curry, 2 spoons of yoghurt
    Snack : Veg sandwitch
    Dinner : Cup of rice with rasam and potato
    Exercise : 45 mins of walking & jogging combination

7. Swasthi_Sri

Swasthi_Sri New IL'ite

Hello Friends,I joined Indus ladies just recently and havent posted many threads, I do have the same problem as rest of us. Im 28 yrs old, 5'4 and 82 kilos!! I have no idea how to burn all that fat. I have to reduce atleast 20 kgs before Feb!! as my parents are gng to visit me and I have to surprise them.My problem area is my hand, thighs and waist!! I dont know what sort of excersise to do at home. I have a 3 yr old kid. I put on weight after c-section delivery. I really need help to reduce 20 kgs, I read all the other posts connecting to this problem and have got many tips, thanks for all that.Still I dont know what sort of excersices to do and what's the best time of the day to do them. Ive heard water therapy is very helpful in reduction of body weight. How true is it?Id appreciate if you friends cud help me as Im really having lot of trouble being overweight. My husband scolds me a lot coz of this and I just dont know how to burn all that fat.Sindhu Jitesh.

8. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

hi aabhi
    Thnks for the reply...u just said 2words n it was so encouraging for me..as u said i have to look at what i eat n excerise n that is what i find very diffcult ..i have 3yr old boy who is so naughty that my whole concentration is always on him n he make me so tired that if i am on any dieting i land up eating...n then i cry why did i eat ,i know i have to lose only 6 to 7 kgs but truly speaking i am going mad how to start ....can u guide me how should i start so i can manage it n can go further with it....my main problem is my tummy after my c-section my tummy has grow like a balloon..

I have started taking methi seeds with water inmorning last 3days n also aloevera gel.
    PL LET ME KNOW if something is coming in ur mind for me :idea

9. vanmug

vanmug New IL'ite

Hi Sindhu Jitesh!

Looks like you are hurrying up. I dont mean to discourage you but 20kgs in 3 months is too quick and within no time you will get it all back and even a bonus of extra 5 kilos or more.So the best way is to lose about 1 kilo a month and then keep it off forever. For this we need to make changes in the dietary habits-eating 5 or 6 small meals instead of 3 heavy meals like we Indians do. First try to reduce the portion size-even a small change makes wonders. I was told by my doctor to eat 500gm of fruits and raw vegetables in a day to achieve good weight loss. But to eat all that 500gm, the only way is portion control of the rice or chapathi or whatever so that we have enough room for fruits and vegetables. I have been following this practically and seeing good results. Now my body is almost getting used to eating small portions.

Regarding my dietary pattern, for breakfast I eat a homemade sandwich with peanut butter and a glass of orange juice at 8.30am, followed by green tea at 11 and a slice of fruit, lunch at 12.30 or 1.00 which is again very limited amt of rice+vegetables or fish or another sandwich with fish, some snacks around 2.30 or 3.00 which is mostly small pieces of fruit or sometimes peanuts, at 5.00 I again have a cup of tea and dinner is between 7-8 mostly filling up with fruits and yoghurt, ocassionally rice and sometimes tortillas with some vegetables.

my exercise is mostly between 5 and 8 in the evening. If I cannot make it to the gym, I am doing some yoga at home. With the portion control thing my craving for sweets is going away because every 2hrs or so I take something in little amount and my mind has no time to think of chocolate. It might be initially hard with your lil son, but give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Hope this information is enough to get you going.

cheers
    Pranuthi

10. bhansnig

bhansnig Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Have started walking 45mins and diet. Yet to lose wt. still trying.