1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Shrisha

Shrisha Bronze IL'ite

Shiva,

Hear some people n websites saying even whole wheat breads are fattening..and its multigrain bread is the one that helps lOSE fat...whats ur take on this shiva?

2. anandvaruna

anandvaruna New IL'ite

Sorry to peep in between you and Shiva.

Hey its ok! chill man! thnx 4 ur help will download it soon

3. Mona Gupta

Mona Gupta Senior IL'ite

Shiva i m little tired

Hey Shiva, at the moment i m not doing treadmill bez my back pains, i try to catch it and start again, but again and again i come from 78 to 79kg, its like a circule, circule for life.

Generally i dont give up and i try even this time also i dont give up but i feel tired, you are our Mentor so i m writing you my feelings.

a great thanks to you what you do for all of us.
    regards
    mona

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Re: Shiva i m little tired

Dear Shiva,

Need help urgently as I would not be logging in mostly from Friday. We have scheduled my mother's surgery on Saturday. I need some help from your end. From few days back I had not gone to GYM as was down with fever and from today again started.

Now I am worried as I would not be able to hit the GYM from Friday till my mom recoups and I am back at my place. My diet may also go awry...how do I manage Shiva? Another problem is I am stuck at 81.7...not budging down at all. What to do?

Request you to reply on Priority please...hoping my other friends would not mind.

5. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Re: Shiva i m little tired

Dear Lalitha,

The best way to deal with this is to go for maintenance. When you are taking care of your mom, it might not be possible for you to dedicate time for exercise. If possible go for your walks and eat as healthy as possible.

Whenever, I come across situations when my diet and exercise goes hay wire I just opt for maintenance. Don't eat unhealthy food and eat home cooked food as much as possible.

If you are cooking for your mom, then its a god time to have lots of liquid food like 2 fist daliya with lots of veggies and daal. This will be a change for your body from regular eating habits.

Right now just aim to maintain your weight, if it goes down well and good otherwise do not further increase it.

All the best for your mom's surgery.

regards

6. MD0303

MD0303 New IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

Again I am back. I followed your techniques for weekend. and thanks to your inspiration, i am actually managing to eat less during weekends. thanks once again. I am loosing weight also. From 68, I am coming down to 66/66.5. Again all credit goes to your blog.As whenever I feel low or demotivated, I try to remember your each and every post..and restrict myself from eating wrong stuff..
    Now my problem is , I weigh my self everyday.. in fact three four times a day..just to see how my weight is fluctuating. But this sometimes bring me a lot of frustration. As it keep on varying. So I dont know, how to handle this. I tried before to weigh myself once in a week.But very scared as if I increase the wight during week, I will again be frustrated.

Can you help..

7. anandvaruna

anandvaruna New IL'ite

Hey Shiva!

I joined swimming from today :cheers n feeling so happy n refreshed after 10 daz coz since last 10 daz i waz not going for any walks, gym or any workout. I dread seeing my weight usually (i told u earlier also) but today i managed to check it and i stood on 63.5kgs! bingooooo:biglaugh

While in Ahmedabad, i tried to eat healthy. first day in breakfast, we were served aloo puris (my cousins had hired 2 aunties for making food at home), so before started i had some cut fruits(musk melon, banana and orange) and had only one puri later (which made me really happy:idea)

second day, i gorged on idlis, dhoklas and sandwich dhoklas (i luv all of these) but these were bought from market:crazy

When we went out also for mauj and masti, we took our homemade food!!

So, i am trying my best to eat n live healthy all thnx 2 ur motivation and SP :bowdown

Thnxx Shiva!!
    Luv u

8. anandvaruna

anandvaruna New IL'ite

Hey 4got to tell u, i did only 6 laps in swimming pool its 25mts in length, if i am not wrong, which i will increase over the time to atleast 15-16 laps.

tell me if i need to increase it more? Also, i will continue to go to gym at weekends for 60- 70 minutes

9. farwin

farwin New IL'ite

Hi Shiva,
    hope u r doing good...i've been religiously following exercise routine and the diet plan and i cam down from 71kg to 69 in one week.Then my kids got sick and i couldn't go to the gym and everything went haywire..I had gained 1 kg during that time...since two weeks back i started working out and now i am 68 kg....
    I do fast walking and jogging in the treadmill in the gym for half an hour then come home do exercises to different body parts each day for another half an hour....and also i read that strength training with dumbells shoud be done every other day for about 3 days a week for the muscles to recoup...but u mentioned about repetitions during the day...how should i go about this...? Please help me...

10. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shrisha,

What I say here is based on my understanding. All the multigrain bread or whole wheat breads available in market are soft in nature. The softness and fluffyness is achieved by using lard and white flour. The rise in bread is not possible without the use of white flour. Specialized bakeries which keep daliya breads or multigrain bread and stick to using only whole wheat flour or multigrain flour, keep bread which are not very soft nature. They are chewy and a bit hard.

But having lost 20 kgs without giving up on bread I realized that its the amount that we consume is what matters. Eat bread in breakfast and just stick to 2 in a day. Make the sandwich healthy and filling by adding raw veggies.

One piece of medium size bread slice contain approximate 60 - 70 calories.

Now you can apply butter on 2 breads and make it worth 200+ calories OR you can stuff tomato and cucumber and make it work 130 calories.

Have a great day ahead.

regards