1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

eating at party ?...pls advice

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Rums, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Hi ILs,
    Can anyone tell me how do you eat at an indian party?. My friends force me to eat all the oily food. I end up eating all the oily food. If I don't eat they ask so many questions. I don't have any idea how to avoid this?. I am trying to lose weight and I don't want to eat those yummy food and put on weight. what would you do?.

Thanks!!..

2. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

I would just eat something before hand and then attend the Party,So that i don't over stuff myself at the Party.Meanwhile you can also avoid Oily food saying..... I am B.feeding (i remember u have a small baby) and it doesn't suit my kiddo.

3. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Thnaks Vaidehi. I told them that and they say I have to eat more because I am breastfeeding and I need more calories...

4. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

Just be honest and tell them that you are watching what you eat because you are breastfeeding.
    If they say that you need to eat more, just say, "Yes, I do" and list some healthy food items. Don't let them force you into eating oily stuff or things that you don't like.

5. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Thanks Manaswini..

6. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Rums,

No one can force you if you remain strong and say NO to it. Some people enjoy feeding others and feel good if they put on weight. Do not yield to such situations. Remember again those people are not coming to your rescue when you will have to lose weight. Be firm and ask them not to force you. Its okay if they get upset about it.Once or twice they might feel bad but later they will understand.

Now coming to parties, I dont always count my calories in such parties. As i work out every day and balance to eat my proportions. I eat less the two days before such party ( planned event) and just take it easy on the party day. Else if it is an unplanned event i balance my food later.

Sometimes the food at parties is so monotonous that it doesnt interest me at all to eat. Even though i balance the days before, i find myself hungry even after a party. Also, frankly speaking there are no low calorie choices in desi parties. However, look for salad options. Skip the dessert. Dont forget to walk/exercise the next two days.

Hope this helps.

I didnt know you have a small child. I remember answering to you in zumba thread.

7. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Thanks for a great reply Pman. You have great memory. Yes I asked abt Zumba too. yes some people do make you eat and they don't come to your rescue when you want to lose weight. Got to say a firm No to them. Will try all of your ideas :))

8. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  9. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Thanks pman. what's the demo in the movie you are talking about?...

10. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

The 'demo' in the movie is nothing related to weight loss. Its just a situation which i wanted to quote. Watch the movie and you will know.