1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

One week Roti Eating Marathon 20th - 27th December

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Dec 20, 2010.

1. kanakas

kanakas New IL'ite

Dear Shiva and friends,
    Today is my first roti day and I made some Avocado rotis for lunch.As avocados are rich in various vitamins,minerals,and healthy fat I make these rotis once in a month.Somehow successfully I ate my lunch without rice. My dinner is not a problem without rice and here is the recipe::
    Whole wheat flour(I tried only with this)
    Avocado-1 medium sized peel it off and remove the seed,cut into small pieces
    jeera powder-1/2 teaspoon
    coriander powder-1/2 teaspoon
    green chillies-2
    coriander leaves
    salt to taste

Grind the avocado pieces and greenchillies with the salt and make into a thick paste. For this roti I used whole wheat flour, while making dough add the paste and all the powders and finely chopped coriander leaves(optional) without any oil. Do as the normal rotis but it doesnt need any oil. It will pluff as usual without any oil and tastes very nice with sabji and curd. Hope you all will like it. I do not have spinach at home so eagerly waiting to try spinach rotis.

Thanks
    Kanakas

2. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

Today I made Palak chapathi.

Recipe:

Boil a bunch of Palak leaves for 5minutes. With the cooked leaves, add a bunch of coriander leaves, cumin seeds [1 tsp], small ginger piece, green chillies [2], tamarind juice [2-3tbs] and little salt. Grind all the above ingredients to paste. Add this ground paste to wheat flour and knead the dough [As done for normal chapathi]
    Roll out chapathi.

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  3. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

Looks tempting will defnitely give a try

4. shinibli

shinibli Silver IL'ite

wow kanakas what a receipe, i never thought of that, coz i otherwise dont like avacados at all, but want to eat them for their nutritional value, now i'll definitely try this.
    thnx a ton.

5. Nalinirajali

Nalinirajali New IL'ite

Hello Shiva,

Even I would like to join this race...but unfortunately I could do it only from today :hide:

This morning I had two Phulkas with Aloo Capsicum curry. For lunch 3 Phulkas with same Aloo Capsicum curry with Channa Dhal. Took few pieces of Cucumber too...

Evening I had 3 spoons of corn flakes with 1 cup of milk.

For Dinner...planning to have oats with butter milk.

Dont know how come my weight will reduce...(now 164 Cms with 64 Kgs)...with so much of menu :rotfl:rotfl

But let me give a try atleast of not to have rice for the maximum time

Regards,
    Nalini Rajalingam:):hiya

Friends : anybody there to join me for this race...:drowning