1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Want to reduce weight - pcos

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Sweetheart87, Jul 11, 2013.

1. SHSK

SHSK Silver IL'ite

Thanks I will show her the plan in the evening and let you know. She is a total vegeterian.

SHSK

2. revathysiva

revathysiva Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nutritiondiva

Nice post.

My daughter also has PCOS. Request you to give me the name of the supplements available in the medical shops at Chennai. This will be very useful since we can purchase it without any ambiguity.

Thanks
    Lalitha

3. NutritionDiva

NutritionDiva Junior IL'ite

She should do supplements of b complex, b6, flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil and vitamin E and calcium.

4. Soni01

Soni01 New IL'ite

Hi NutritionDiva,
    Thanks for such a detailed explanation. I am glad that you have included Paneer, Milk and Egg in your plan.
    I had few queries about this diet (and I would be glad and ready to start after ur confirmation :))

Queries:-
    1. can I eat whole boiled egg(i.e both white and yellow portion) in Meal 2.
    2. when I found about suffering from Pcos, i read a lot of diets in net. They all suggested to avoid dairy products. So is it safe to have milk(in Meal 1 and Meal 8) and paneer.
    Should i have low fat milk?
    (I know you have mentioned to have complete protein and to avoid anything saying low fat but I am just so afraid now, I want to clarify before trying. )
    3. Is paneer safe because it is another form of milk?

My details: 29 yrs old, first sign of hormonal imbalance was arnd the age of 22, staying in US for past 2yrs(as a student- starting my studies after a long gap... so a bit stressed out)
    I am 5ft 2inch , 68 kg

I love Indian food but they are not exactly local here :(

Awaiting for your reply.Thanks in advance :)!