1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Want to reduce weight - pcos

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Sweetheart87, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Sweetheart87

Sweetheart87 New IL'ite

@ the girlysirl.....Thanku dear .....for your reply........ i was jus in an hurry to reduce the weight.....but after your post...i understood slow n steady s good......so vl follow the same......thanks again for this information :)

2. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

U r most welcome dear. U wont believe it i was suffering from pcos after marriage for almost 5 yrs. i was like didnt care about it so much because my cousin had pcos from puberty but luckily immediately after marriage she conceived and delivered a baby. So i was also thinking like that since i got it after moving to US (after marriage).
    But destiny was different for me. For the past 6 months only i started it almost im there i can call it as success by following these simple techniques. I ll always browse on net for 8hrs for weightloss & pcos to find solution.

I thought i would sum it up for easy reference for every body. I have some more to add it. I ll continue in next post. Pcos is easy to fight if we follow a strict diet & workout routine on a daily basis. All the very best. Good luck to u. U r in my prayers. Loads & loads of baby dust to u.

1 person likes this.
  3. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

Again sorry for a long post. But this is very important post in curing any disease.

Water plays a very important role in curing any disease. So as pcos too, u should drink atleast minimum of 3lts. To start with in empty stomach have a glass of water in the morning, if u prefer it before brushing as also it good but u should brushed ur teeth previous night before going to bed. In the beginning u feel that before brushing is difficult start with after brushing. Please do this for atleast 15days, then increase to 2 glasses (500ml)of water for 3months. Minimum 1.5lts u can have in empty stomach if at all is possible, but dont force urself for 1.5lts in the beginning

During the day try to drink atleast 2-2.5lts. Start reducing the water in take after 6.00pm. So after dinner jus have 500ml of water. This tip is to reduce frequent trips in the night. But pls make sure that u have ur dinner by 7.00-7.30pm.

I followed these steps in drinking water which is good for ur liver:
    Morning:500ml of water (empty stomach)
    Morning 1hr walk, after walk 500ml of water
    Then only milk, i took almond milk, which is lactose free
    Breakfast in 9.00am-9.30am (please make sure u finish ur breakfast by 9.30am) 500ml or little less of water
    Until 11.00am dont drink or eat its the time ur liver functions & digestive sys too so no water also during this time.
    After 11.00am u ll be so thirsty so simple because if u say ur mind dont do it it keeps thinking abt it always. Immd i ll have 500ml of water. Before lunch 250ml of water, then after lunch 250ml of water. Again after lunch nothing to chew or drink for 2hrs. After that as per ur wish u can drink water.

Follow this it helps a lot in weight loss. I mean my face ll get bloated immediately if i put weight, previously when i was doing exercise im body ll reduce not my face so sooner i ll stop exercise too. But this time this technique helped a lot. And one more thing to add early morning loo u ll get, dont control it because u want to continue ur sleep, that is very bad for liver. So please use rest room in morning hours. If u follow the above technique surely u ll end up in early morning using the rest room. Dont think weird that im writing about this restroom & al but it matters a lot in curing many diseases. Please dont feel bad about me. I want to share this because its one of main thing in get this issues addressed.

Because if ur liver is function properly means ur pancreas ll secret proper amount of insulin then ur blood sugar ll be normal which is very important in pcos.

3 people like this.
  4. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

Nice post upavi...I am also a pcos sufferer and struggling to lose weight. Also Working on my water intake.

5. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

U r most welcome dear...pls do increase ur water intake it makes wonder...

6. NutritionDiva

NutritionDiva Junior IL'ite

Hi dear....if u want to conceive and have pcos...u need the right nutrients and food for ur body. U need more carbs...and protein. Here is an excerpt from my own blog (I am a nutrition lifestyle coach). PM me if u need more reguLr help:

4. PCOD/PCOS: Polycystic Ovary Disease or Syndrome–Excuse my langauge but knowing a good amount of women who have suffered from this, this is a b**** to deal with. The presence of small cysts around the ovaries control the delicate hormonal balance that keeps us regular and sane. The entire body can be thrown out of whack, leading to issues with the monthly cycle, hormone imbalance, mood swings, depression, difficulty in getting pregnant or carrying a pregnancy. It also exposes the “victim” in this case to type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high body fat (ironic since high body fat can be a cause and effect for this disease), feeling uncomfortable, highly irritable, bloated after the monthly period. The first step to managing something as such is to lower your body fat levels. Stop hiding behind your PCOD/PCOS and start using it as a reason to take better care of yourself.

–Eat fresh whole some food and be mindful of how you eat. If you have this problem, you should take the most care of eating at regular intervals

–Avoid soups and anything that is over cooked. This will destroy the nutritional value of the vegetables and its uber important to get the vitamins and minerals the body needs to take care of itself.

–PCOD/PCOS requires more unprocessed carbs, so do not cut out carbs. Eat carbs such as humble wheat, rice, jowar, bajra, nanchi, ragi, barley (read: eat thepla, roti, paratha, thalipeeth, dosa, rotla).

–Eat complete proteins–Daal, Milk, Milk products, cheese, paneer, fish, eggs, etc

–Stay way from anything that says fat free or low fat on the shelf. Add essential fatty acids like Omega 3 and 6 to your plate which can be naturally found in: ghee, paneer, oils, thil, safflower oil, rice bran, sunflower, olives, coconut, etc. Eating fat slows down the conversion of food to fat. Add in ALA (Alpha Lipolic Acid found in flaxseeds, walnuts, green veggies).

–Eat an abundant supply of B12 rich foods: sprouts, fresh curd, paneer, idli, dosa, (anything fermented) which is great for your ovaries and allows for iron absorption.

–take care of how much calcium you have. In fact, you need it more than ever. Add in a calcium supplement right before bed time.

– Regular workouts are key to a regular monthly cycle and ovulation

– Add in weight training workouts to your week

– Cardio is a great way to burn fat

–Surya Namaskars help

– Sleep and wake up at the same time every day to keep your body “regular”

A sample recall for a women with PCOD/PCOS:

Meal 1: (6am): Museli+Milk

Meal 2: (8am) 2 egg whites+ whole wheat toast

Meal 3( 10am): Chaas

Meal 4: (12pm): Poha/Upma/Iddli + Sambhar+Chutney

Meal 5 (2pm): Handful peanuts

Meal 6: (4pm) slice of cheese

Meal 7 (6pm): Roti+Green Sabzi+ Daal or kadhi

Meal 8: (8pm): Glass of warm milk

Soni01 likes this.
  7. SHSK

SHSK Silver IL'ite

Dear Nutritiondiva,

Thany you for your wonderful post. My DD 18 yrs of age has PCOS past two years. She has acute hairfall and her scalp can be seen due to hair loss. She is not 5ft 2 " and 60 kgs in weight. Her periods come for two days.
    Can you suggest exercise/diet plan for her ?

Thanks in advance

Worried mom

8. NutritionDiva

Yes...send me a recall of what she eats and drinks daily (with timings). I can then help. I also do online counseling for a small fee but it is more detailed and personal. Pm me if interested. Send me her current eating habits..I can suggest some high level info. She needs vitamin supplements too.

9. SHSK

SHSK Silver IL'ite

Daily diet of my daughter being student has 8.00 am to 8.00 am schedule

8.00am-1 cup Milk
    10.30 am-2 roti,subji
    2.00 pm- 2 Banana
    6.00 pm-Tea 2 biscuits or milk
    9.00 pm-2 roti,subji

Pl.advise diet and exercise plan

shsk

10. NutritionDiva

I am going to tell you on this schedule what to give her. Where is her lunch? I assume 1030am is her breakfast? Please ensure the following because of her age and PCOS:

1) Try and cook all fresh food for her. Try as much as you can, no leftovers, if possible.
    2) No fat free, etc. Anything you eat (cheese, paneer, youghurt should be full fat)
    3) Ensure she writes down everything she eats. What u can do is for 15 days, private message me her daily recall. I will help u out for 15 days.
    4) get all the vitamins and start her on it asap.
    5) Ensure u use 1 spoon of ghee daily. She needs this for her hair and skin and joints.
    6) allow her one cheat meal per week. Anything she wants. Typically on a sunday or so, for lunch, let her have pizza, samosa, sweets, any one thing for either lunch or eat the prescribed lunch and have that as her first afternoon snack meal.
    7) Drink 4-5 L water daily.

8.00am- one glass of plain milk and B complex and B6 supplements

10:00am am-1 roti/veggie sabzi and DAAL (she needs her protein here). Put ghee on roti. (not a crazy amt, but a spoon). Alternatively, if she eats eggs, I would really like to see her have 2 egg whites and 1-2 slices of whole wheat toast instead.

12 pm- handful of unsalted peanuts

2pm:(LUNCH): roti/sabzi/daal OR if need something quick do veggie poha(add coconut chutney to this) or vegetable and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread (flaxseed oil supplement)

4pm: any 1 fresh fruit

6.00 pm- assume she is home by then. pualo or rice +yoghurt+sabzi (stick to 6 tabelspoons of rice)
    (evening primrose oil supplement)
    830/9.00 pm- grilled paneer or grilled chicken

At bedtime take calcium supplement

Let me know if that would work and if not, PM me, we can work this out better.
    I will also send you the packages I offer, I do online consulting. It may be a good idea to get her on track for a few months.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013