1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. swathi27

swathi27 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Despite natures attempt to throw water on my walk schedule, walked around the park much to the amusement of the few inhabitants in the park, the freezinh ducks in the pond.....

Couldnt continue for a long time with my ever anxious stressfull mind worrying about slipping on the frozen path....thoughts about breaking a leg, kept coming uncessantly...finally gave up the park walk...

With a strong determination to shake up all the fat, walked around the nearby mall...So much for a simple walk....

At the home front, prepared alu peas masala( for filling in kathi rolls and prep sandwich with veggies).3 days of breakfast done..

would have given a much graceful smile instead of that quizzical terrified look, that i shot back at the stranger who greeted me with a word in the native tongue, which i am yet to master...Made my day when i checked the translation..It meant 'beautiful'...Long live the stranger...long live such samaritans...

coffeecups likes this.
  2. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

@coffeecups
    Thank you for sharing your tips. Sprouts day and dal days is a very good tip. It will make meal plans easy for a week.
    Can you share the app for meal planning? I just use my good old notepad and a pen. App would be awesome to use on the go.

3. blessings1010

aww..that is such a nice thing to do right? but here in new york, whenever I smiled at folks at work or just regular fellow passengers, they just don't reciprocate. If some one smiles back, it feels good. But i m sure they are not from NY. ahhh..I miss my hometown when it happens.

4. blessings1010

It happens with me most of the time. By 5pm, the sugar level is so low that I can not focus on anything. I must eat something- and that is the time I usually stuff myself with easy food options. A friend of mine suggested carrying baby carrots at work and at home. So after evening break around 4ish pm, I start eating baby carrots, even when I am not too hungry yet. It satisfies the carbohydrate craving at least for an hour or so until I reach home.

At home I am trying not to eat before dinner but usually it fails. Half of my dinner is done while making the meals. I tried limiting myself to just tea/coffee but that is not sufficient. still working on it..I wish there is some very very easy way to keep dinners ready, like in college. I used to come home to ready to eat awesome food made by mom every day. ahhh..gone are those days now.

Slowcooking works most of the days, but I still have to make roties/ parathas. Still need to clean the kitchen every night. Now i am too lazy to even write about all the daily chores in the kitchen after work.. I am just barely keeping up. You ladies are just super humans!!

dc24 and coffeecups like this.
  5. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

I don't use app for meal planning
    It's a calorie tracker I was talking about.
    I log my day meals into it and see what I ate

6. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

What time do you have lunch??
    Try postponing it a bit if u can
    Also don't eat too less at lunch. That could later result in evening cravings. Eat more protein at lunch. It keeps u full longer.
    Carrying and eating healthysnacks is a good option.
    What I do to handle these evening post work tummy is, I make a smoothie/juice/salad and keep it in the fridge before I go to work.
    Also try having early dinner.

7. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    I am having a hard time with managing home and house work and kids, this is how my usual routine goes. Need to plan better and sleep well. Have two kids, 8 year old and 16 month old, have to cook fresh daily in the morning. Need to pack lunch for both of them and us and leave to work, have to prepare, breakfast and dinner again.
    I feel like am cooking all the time, cleaning, the kitchen in between taking care of kids.
    If anyone can give good idea/tips on meal plans for bf, dinner and lunch for all of us which would be easy, that is great. Currently i give, cereal, idli, or dal rice with veggies in the morning for kids, for the little one pack curd rice or lentil based on breakfast she had. For the elder one, some bread, roti, with fruits etc. I end up sleeping late most of the days after cleaning, calling inlaws and parents back home and cutting veggies for next day Any ideas to make it efficient without compromising on food for kids and us wouldbe great.
    We are vegetarians and the option of eating out is less and kids are very picky too

8. blessings1010

Smoothie is a good tip. I never had smoothies in the evening. That will certainly keep me full. Thank you.
    Lunches are mostly working lunches, depending on client sites I go to. so mostly salad/ boiled egg/ tofu kind. You are right- may be that is what making me hungry so early.
    early dinner depends on DH coming home early. I desperately need a company for dinner/ at least one meal a day with my love :persevere:

kkrish and coffeecups like this.
  9. blessings1010

ok..like myfitnesspal?

10. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

Yup
    It's an Indian app
    Called healthifyme