1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Last Word

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Feb 8, 2017.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa Mami,

all I can say is 'Sigh!' Here connecting the gas, climbing up ladders to reach the loft etc. are all my job. I wish he'd leave the kitchen to me or learn to do things properly! If wishes were horses .....

2. satchitananda

Hi jssd,

Good question, what does BH mean. Here is a detailed one on the topic: BH or DH?

Please feel to add some more definitions of your own.

In this current thread BH stands for the bully husband.

kaniths likes this.
  3. satchitananda

Viswa, I seriously want to send the BH to you for tuitions on:

• how to treat the wife
    • how to cook
    Would you consider online classes?

Seriously, I would be delighted if BH would cook something from time to time, but being clueless as he is (and refusing to learn), I wish he'd stay out of the kitchen and just eat what is prepared without being so fussy.

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Hi satchi,

Laughed out loud on the above :) It sure is difficult to change tastes especially men who have got used to one style of eating and tastes i.e their mother's original tastes. Even after 35 yrs of married life, i can sense the irritation if and when i experiment with new recipes. I now accept the same goes for my DILs who complain of same thing to me about my sons! anything they try is not as good as Ammas. Ofcourse, i have many times told my sons in private, no girl likes such comparisons repeatedly( ILs relationship columns here) and they are managing!

satchitananda likes this.
  5. satchitananda

dear Joy,

the strange part here is the regression. Earlier on he was quite adventurous and enjoyed eating various stuff, but now he goes through phases where he wants to eat the same thing for a few months till I can no longer look at it. In fact, have started ordering food from outside for myself now!

joylokhi likes this.
  6. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Haha... nice one satchi. My muse is a very pet muse and the mid life crises has not struck on him. He eats what's served to him. The biggest problem is that he has not learned how to iron his clothes even after multiple attempts to teach him. So I end up ironing his clothes by ironing them in piles every 2 to 3 weeks depending on my mood. About cooking, he does make tea for me during the weekends and on weekdays if he gets up before me. I doubt if he ever can put a string in his pyjama, never got the opportunity to see him struggle with that.

I use a bobby hair pin to slip in the string in my underskirts.

7. satchitananda

Fingers crossed Akanksha and pray the pet muse to remain that way for many more years to come. :-D

Akanksha1982 likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Satchi!! Pajama strings helped you have your last word eh :) Long live the strings! You know me and cooking - the daily story is after even after so many years, my cooking is an experiment. That I know but when DH says that it annoys me to no end. I am not able to figure out as to why it annoys me. He claims that he eats to live and not the other way and I assure him when he complains that my food won't kill him - after all he is only eating to live. Quality of food should not matter at all :grinning: Stomach is the way to a man's heart wouldn't have worked for either of us - he is fussy about food and I cannot cook well. Phew, now that I think about it, I am glad there were other things!

9. jssd

jssd Bronze IL'ite

:laughing::laughing:
    Mine qualifies too.... indeed goes so far as to say .... ' I'll let you know if it doesn't taste alright but will not say anything if everything is alright or even good!!!'
    As far as my BH curiosity goes... it thought it was 'brahma-hatthi' which is generously used by my dad and loosely translates to dimwit!!

Best
    J

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Satchi, it is always good to cook enough sambar to last for four days because the sambar is such a dish that the longer you keep it in the fridge the staste improves as the flavour of the spices intensifies. Talking to the curd? He has my sympathies. I too talk to my fitness equipment. Everytime my wife hears my voice from my gym she wonders with whom I am talking. I tell her it is the treadmill or cycle. As four sour food too I love my sambar with an extra bit of tamarind.Yes the curd has to be sour too,