1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

^^ Team - G.M. Diet >> 7 days

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by 1dropLove, Jun 27, 2012.

1. 1dropLove

1dropLove Bronze IL'ite

this time im following the diet plan religiously,much better than the first time around and learning to value fruits,veg more in life.it is not so much about weight loss but more about getting the toxins out of one's system.
    im making a collage of whatever i ate the whole day and at the end of 7 days i will show in images as to what all went inside my body.
    anyone wants to join me is welcome as i will be carrying on with the diet again after it ends.

2. JyoRat

JyoRat Senior IL'ite

I started yesterday, let me know in case someone started or want to start.

3. 1dropLove

1dropLove Bronze IL'ite

hi Jyorat,
    can u pls share what all you ate on your 1st day? and how much of fluid intake?i have experienced that when i have abt 5 glasses of lukewarm water in a day,my weight tends to decrease super fast.i never usedt to have warm water on any of the days,but yesterday when i had about 6 glasses of lukewarm water,i was in a surprise when i checked my weight yesterday evening. i had dropped a whopping 0.6kg (my max wt loss in a day).

4th - Day

breakfast - tea ,1 digestive biscuit , 1 banana
    lunch - 1 cup banana shake (loved it!)
    afternoon - 1 glass milk , 1 banana
    evening - 1 glass milk , 1 banana
    dinner - 1 glass milk

water - 6 glasses lukewarm water , 2-3 glasses normal

today i worked out for abt 1.5hr cos i had gained about 0.8kg by having banana shake even though it was just 1 cup.for the rest of the day i didnt eat any bananas cos i want to keep the weight loss steady.

4. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

Read somewhere in Rujuta's book : [ I do not have the ebook , Could not post exact lines ] .

Lady who was behind the fad diets like GM , lost all her muscle in her tummy ; While driving , felt like something popped out of her vagina , it was her uterus and was admitted .

5. 1dropLove

1dropLove Bronze IL'ite

hi rmpriya,
    thanks for such an imp info...anything in excess is bad afterall, though we dont know anything about that lady...
    we'd like to live a healthy lifestyle only and not stick to any diet,especially one which doesnt fulfill our mental and physical needs.
    I dont feel GM diet in any way is affecting my system,rather it has made me feel more happy and energetic inside. :)

6. 1dropLove

1dropLove Bronze IL'ite

today is DAY - 5 , the brown rice + tomatoes day

10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Brown Rice

1. It Lowers The Risk Of Developing Diabetes
    Harvard researchers have discovered that eating at least two servings of brown rice per week can lower the risk of developing diabetes. They found that by eating just 50 grams of brown rice a day, the risk of type 2 diabetes can be lowered by 16 percent, while other whole grains, such as barley and whole wheat, can lower the risk by 36 percent.

2. It’s High In Fiber
    Brown rice supplies 14 percent of the recommended daily value for fiber, an important nutrient that protects against colon cancer and breast cancer. Fiber tends to latch onto the chemicals that cause cancer and steer them away from the cells in the colon and breasts, preventing cancer from developing in those areas. Fiber also has many other health benefits including promoting cardiovascular health.

3. It’s A Good Source Of Manganese And Selenium
    One cup of brown rice contains 88 percent of the recommended daily value of manganese, a nutrient that plays an important part in fighting free radicals. Manganese is part of a compound known as superoxide dismutase, an antioxidant that prevents damage from free radicals created during the energy production process. Manganese is also important for deriving energy from protein and carbohydrates and plays a key role in the synthesis of fatty acids.
    Selenium also plays a role in the antioxidant process and can destroy cancer cells and even repair DNA. Selenium is important for regulating the thyroid hormone metabolism and immune system function. Most people don’t take in the proper amount of selenium of which brown rice is a good source – it provides more than 27 percent of the daily recommended value.

4. It Can Prevent Weight Gain
    A study conducted by Harvard researchers shows that women who incorporate whole grains, such as brown rice, into their diet were more likely to maintain a healthy body weight. They were also almost 50 percent more likely to not gain weight by eating a diet rich in whole grains.

5. It Can Lower Cholesterol
    The oil in brown rice has been shown to lower levels of LDL cholesterol, also known as the bad cholesterol, by up to seven percent. At the same time, a diet high in whole grains can increase the level of HDL cholesterol, or the good cholesterol.

6. It Offers Many Cardiovascular Benefits

7. It’s A Good Source Of Phytonutrients

8. It Reduces The Risk Of Developing Metabolic Syndrome
    Metabolic syndrome is a combination of factors that increases the risk for developing type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke.

9. It Reduces The Risk Of Childhood Asthma

10. It Promotes Bone Health
    Brown rice is a good source of magnesium, a mineral that is essential to bone health. Just one cup of brown rice contains 21 percent of the recommended daily value of magnesium. Most of the magnesium in the body is stored on or in the bones, so to keep a high level of magnesium in your bones, and to reap the other health benefits, eat plenty of brown rice each week.

2 people like this.
  7. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

Brown rice dont taste that bad .. i am having it for past 3 days and i dont feel hungry ... i used to feel hungry after having cornflakes n all

8. 1dropLove

1dropLove Bronze IL'ite

yes SGA it doesnt taste as bad especially if you put in some veg stir fried with v lil oil. actually i really wanted to have brown rice today but the ones i had at home were kind of rotten so i ate white rice with daal.i would include it in my diet the next time im on GM diet and then slowly ill make sure to incorporate in the normal routine.

there is plenty of stuff we people dont know about.i just read bulgar is way better than brown rice as it has lesser calories and more fibre.

9. 1dropLove

1dropLove Bronze IL'ite

28 natural diuretics that'll flush out your excess water weight…

Green tea
    Celery
    Parsley
    Dandelion
    Juniper berries
    Asparagus
    Artichoke
    Melon
    Watercress
    A high protein diet
    Cranberry juice
    Apple cider vinegar
    Nettle
    Dandelion leaf tea
    Fennel
    Any Natural foods with high water content
    Watermelons
    Cucumbers
    Onions
    Garlic
    Brussel Spouts
    Beets
    Oats
    Cabbage
    Carrots
    Lettuce
    Tomatoes
    Horseradish

10. 1dropLove

1dropLove Bronze IL'ite

DAY - 5

breakfast- 1 rice-daal tikki
    lunch - 1 bowl rice and daal (arhar)
    then i had a lot of hot water before hitting the gym (total 7 glasses hot water,few more glasses normal)
    evening - tea,1 digestive biscuit, 1 brown bread , 1 rice tikki ( i know its not exactly GM diet but its much better to have these things before 7pm,i deviate a lil according to my mood hehe)
    night - hot water , 1 small muffin

I didnt control a lot today cos i was happy to see my weight maintained as i had worked out more today and hot water intake added as a catalyst big time... :d.it took me sometime to start liking exercises so today now that im learning how my weight goes up and down with different food items and exercise,i can satisfy my lil cravings...i dont think im doing bad so far.thanks people for being there. :)