1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Star Of The Week - Lets Have Some Fun Cooking Healthy!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Iravati, May 30, 2017.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

IMG_2720.JPG

A coincidence but a happy contribution from me. A boiled sweet potato, capsicums, cucumbers, and tomatoes with dash of some herbs and i am not sure about what the white drzzle is because we are not a mayo family. Could be curd..

A pic sent to me by dd. You can only guide them adult kids to good food habits it is upto them to understand and follow..

Kids observe and absorb, only we realise that they did at times like this. So keep doing the right things without lectures or admonishing them for things they don't do..

parineetha, mani75, damini and 7 others like this.
  2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Potato stuffed Shishito peppers.

IMG_7959.JPG

Recipe: Boil and mash potatoes(I used three). Season with salt, amchur, garam masala, pepper powder and some chaat masala(salt according to taste and the rest 1/2 tsp each).

Pan fry the peppers(I used one bag for the three potatoes) in a teaspoon of sesame oil until blisters appear. Remove from pan, lay on a flat surface and cool. Make ridges in the center and fill the potato mixture. Heat the pan and roast the peppers again turning on all sides. No additional oil required since the peppers don't absorb much oil. I used a non stick pan for this. In a cast iron skillet, I wasn't sure how the potatoes would fare without the oil.

Tasted yummy. Family approved. DH even said it tastes better than the goat cheese stuffed original version.

3. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Now my favourite , Potato Roast.
    This is made with boiled and cubed potatoes. Soak red chillies, little tamarind and hing for sometime in few tablespoons of lukewarm water. Grind with salt and mix it to boiled potatoes. Stir fry. This tangy and spicy roast goes well with Sambar, roti, any mixed rice and as stuffing for sandwiches and parathas.
    The tamarind, chilli and hing marinade is well suited for Seppamkizhangu( arbi) and Senai ( yam) as well P_20170603_093536.jpg

mushroomm, parineetha, Shanvy and 3 others like this.
  4. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Tomatoes :

Tomato pasanda :
    IMG_20170610_144649-1040x780.jpg

Before adding the tomatoes to gravy
    IMG_20170610_135158-1040x780.jpg

Paneer pasanda and zafrani pulao from a fancy restaurant at my place had been my all favourite for years...the inspiration came from the so and so restaurant from so and so place..
    I dint know, it actually tastes great with tomatoes too :D

mushroomm, Doree, Buds and 3 others like this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Salsa and salsa verde (red and green salsas)
    So easy to make and yummy!

Pan roast - Two big red tomatoes, two cloves unpeeled garlic, half an onion and two dry red chillies(can use any Mexican red variety, each one gives the salsa a distinct taste). Roast until the skin of the tomatoes blister and the onions brown a little. Cool, peel garlic and grind along with some sea salt.

IMG_8999.JPG

In the same pan, I followed the same procedure with three green tomatoes(it's supposed to be about 6-7 tomatillos but I didn't have any), less than 1/4 onion, serrano peppers and two cloves of garlic. These are raw tomatoes so I toasted the tomatoes by itself before adding the other ingredients to the pan. While grinding I added cilantro in addition to salt.
    IMG_9038.JPG

Here are the two salsas, some guacamole, sautéed veggies, black bean salad and a couple of corn tacos. Very filling and not too high on cals. I didn't add oil to anything. My DH eats this without the taco shells(of course I made "real" filling for the family) IMG_9042.JPG

Doree, Buds, damini and 3 others like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Moved to comments thread.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  7. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Sun-dried tomato crushless quiche : In muffin cups :facepalm:
    IMG_20170611_121437.jpg

Easy peasy Recipe :

1. Saute finely chopped onions, chillies, garlic, mushrooms, bell peppers.
    2. Let it cool.
    3. Beat 2 eggs in a bowl. Add some salt, pepper, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, grated cheese and 2 tbsp of milk.
    4. Mix the sauteed veggies to egg bowl.
    5. Pour into muffin cups..top it with cheddar/mozerrala cheese n Italian herbs.
    6. Bake it in pre heated oven.
    7. Finish! Hot quiche is ready. Put Ur feet up, enjoy morning cool breeze with hot quiche. :cheer: Power breakfast !

8. satchitananda

Stuffed tomato.jpg So it was stuffed tomato stuffed with pesto veg rice and air fried. The entire skin came off without any need to peel.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

IMG_3031.JPG

IMG_3032.JPG

A tomato salan ala brinjal salan. A tangy spicy affair.. the pop of juices while you pop a tomato into your mouth is foodgasmic.. oouch maybe i should not use the word...oppicer..sorry.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  10. satchitananda

That looks so heavenly, Shanvy.