1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Shopping Abroad for India

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Ami, Jun 27, 2006.

1. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Thanks Varloo!

Last time when i came back to India from KOP(where i stayed earlier), i got one cake mix. It was awesome. This time , it somehow slipped out of my mind! Thank you Varloo for reminding me! pleasekeep ur thoughts pouring!

Thank u so much!

Purni

2. sowmya

sowmya New IL'ite

suggesions

hello poornima,
    this is sowmya,even i am frm b'lore, but i resently steped to Us.
    i don't no whether i can stand to suggest u. still i am sharing my idea with u.
    hope u will take this............
    i think eatables r not a good idea taking frm here, because till how many days u will use this items?
    i think this is the last shopping in us for ur new house in b'lore try to get some decorative items like beautiful door and window curtains which u will find here are very good metirial and design too.... i think weight is also less, this is the imp thing which u have to keep in mind while packing ie y i suggest u to take very imp things insted of buying food items frm here and one more thing how do u think buying of presious stones for ornaments......??like diamonds , emoralds.... frm here that again depends to u r interest.
    have a great shopping time,
    sowmya:wave:wave

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  3. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

HI Sowmya!

Buying jewellery is a great idea. Curtains , am not sure as our house is still under construction and we dont know the sizes of doors etc. Its a great suggestion though! Thank u so very much!

Purnima
    (ps- and i totally agree with you sowmya, insteadof buying food items, i might as well buy something else! saves space and money :))

4. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

I was thinking Purnima,

Dear Purnima,
    Hope you have done most of your shopping. I was thinking may be you could get some puzzles for your daughter[they come both in wood and cardboard]. Wooden puzzles are excellent for cleaning and sturdy too,but becomes bulky. My daughter who is two just loves them. I have not seen them in India. Just a suggestion.
    Happy shopping.
    bye,

sindmani likes this.
  5. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

I have already bought it anjana!

Last week we had gone to the childrens' museum. There they had all sorts of puzzles.I bought one of them. They are awesome! I think its a brilliant suggestion that you have given.Anjana, can u pls let me know other things that i can buy for kids-- i have a girl 21 months old. Could u suggest any ppuzzles, books ,games or anything else and also the brand/shop if u come to know? I still have a final weekend to shop, next weekend am leaving. So it would be great if you keep your thought pouring on this!

Thank you so very much anjana for your help! I feel truly blessed with so many people willing to help!!! :)

Purnima

6. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Sure Purnima

Dear Purnima,
    Will defly come up with the list. If it is too long can I PM you if you don't mind. So I can tell you abt cost etc.

Love,

7. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Awesome Anjana!

You are a real sweetheart! Thank you so much :) , of course you are MOST welcome to PM me! :)

Purni

8. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

clear your mail-box

Hi Purnima,
    I did PM a long list this morn and your mail-box is full. Please clear it so I can send it again.
    Thanks,

9. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

oh..this ;problem again!

i dont know why i keep facing this problem I have just 2-3 mails in my mail box, that too short ones!! Anjana, if you dont mind can u pls resend it to ??

I am so sorry for the inconvinience! Thank you so very much for the efforts!

Purni

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2010
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

shop till you drop?:)

Hi Purnima,

Looks like you have made a good progress with your shopping. Do let us know what goodies you are carrying with you back home.
    I thought Anjana's suggestion about toys for your little girl is a great idea. On the whole, I guess the toys you get here are of better quality and in wide choice to choose from. I also wanted to mention to you about the 'Baby Einstein' videos and cds. They are simply great and as the name suggests, a very constructive and entertaining play and learn accessories for kids. I don't think they are available in India, but you never know! Look into their web-site. My grandson is simply fascinated with their DVDs, flash cards etc. I am giving the link below.

L, Kamla

http://www.babyclassroom.com/baby-einstein.html

sindmani likes this.