1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Running Club

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by justanothergirl, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Srama,
    WTG - Way to Go! I have a tween going twenty at home. I know all the acronyms by now!
    I picked up new running shorts yesterday that were xs size. DD informed me that they were too small for me because my pouch is protruding and my thys looked FAT. The problem with larger sizes are that they fall off my waist since my huge hips are no longer in the way ;) I broke into them today! I must say I looked pretty darn good. No fat thys. Just the muffin top that will go away in the next month. That feeling helped me run laps around the pond. Temp was a balmy 77. I had fun! The ducks are out in abundance and the pond is brimming with life! Beautiful birds all around! Rabbits, squirrels all over the place. I did 2.4 miles in 26 mins. I still had two more minutes to run as per the program but I was completely dehydrated and exhausted. Ate b'fast at 8 and ran at 1 with just a yogurt before the run.
    note to self: hydrate since morning and eat a big mid morning snack. My issue is runs are so sporadic, I never know if I'll get the time to go. I just pop my Zyrtec and head out in 15-20 mins.
    This past few days were extremely stressful but this run gave me the required endorphins. I'm myself again.

2 people like this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Yay! Now my turn to say way to go girl! Shorts, running laps around the pond, the ducks, the birds, the rabbits and squirrels too. That must have been one good run and look at that time - I could never do that. So what if you had to take a bit of zyrtec, I know you feel it was all worth it. Glad to read your update really laks, I certainly feel motivated to at least to get my you know what out. Keep those happy spirits up and spread the cheer :)

2 people like this.
  3. Laks09

I will. I plan to start in the snippets section again ;)

1 person likes this.
  4. Laks09

I was exhausted today. Managed a 2.2 miles run in 22 mins. I have to reapeat the last week of the program!

1 person likes this.
  5. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

great going girls..I finished my functional classes for this month..I did a one miler the other day(tuesday i think).was feeling lazy....I bought insoles and they are great for the arch and heel support however not much support on the toes...need to check out more options!! I also use the added support socks...they have slight padding but don't provide that much support(infact they are not snug and keep slipping off my feet)

I tried an RPM class today...yay...burned 490kcal in 47 min...

2 people like this.
  6. Laks09

Vibha,
    what is an rpm class? Sounds like fun! I miss Zumba. Hope I can pop in tomorrow for a class.
    Im focusing on building endurance. I may have to slow down some more I just have no idea how. I kept telling myself slow slow slow but I seem to be running at the same speed. DH says repeat running and slowly increase to 30 mins. Let's see if repeating the 28 mins days will give me a go at finishing the program.

7. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

oh...my bad...its a spin class with stationery bikes...I was apprehensive about taking it and even asked Srama for tips as i am not a stationery bike fan(love the normal bike and riding on the roads) but it went well...My knees seemed to have a problem immediately after, so need to change the seat and the front panel level...I love dancing so i make sure to take Zumba once a week...its the most fun of all the classes...

I don't think running faster will be counter productive...as long as you keep running more and more distance, it will be build endurance..may take more time but you will be more strong than a person who can do it at a much slower pace..and you are increasing distance at a good rate...keep it going..and ya repeat it....one more month should see at a lot better condition than now...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    2 people like this.
  8. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

my gym also has a Leslie Mills series - body flow, body step, body pump, rpm, body attack and a lot more...want to try as many classes as possible...In India i will probably do more running for lack of all these classes and i have to do strength training on my own..sigh!!

9. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Dear Running buddies...sorry to be MIA. After a few long runs it was abundantly clear I need to take a break from running for a while. Glad the thread has been adopted by Sabi Laks Manali Vibha...keep it going girls..U rock!! :party
    Hopefully someday I can join u all again.
    Take care !:wave:

2 people like this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Aww JAG! Hope you knee gets better and you can resume soon. It is nice to see you. Do please come motivate us till you can run. It is so good to see you!