1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Running Club

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by justanothergirl, Mar 19, 2011.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday I managed about 5,000 steps from morning through the workday, but when it was time to go home I was truly exhausted. Even walking from my work desk to the parking lost was slow and laborious; was not sure how I made it. Truly, truly, physically tired.

I had gone to work after three days leave (was nurse to hubby post-surgery) and met with 200 emails.
    After slogging through that I went home for lunch to give the afternoon special meal for hubby, medicines, call to India to update his health to family, then back to work to handle the rest of the day.

When I came home I just sat. Could not even move. From 6-7:30 pm I just sat with my feet up. Then dragged myself to make a simple wheat flour dosai and hummus - and tried walking a bit. Nope could not do it. So I flopped again and went to bed early.

Total steps about 6000+

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

You are doing more than enough! Please don't over strain ! try to eat healthy rather.

Please try to dip your feet in warm water with salt, never worked for me but i have heard the effect from lot many people.

Prayers for quick recovery of your partner and yours :)

Wishes,
    ashima:)

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

So the wish has been to be able to spin on Mon/wed/fri and run on Tue/Thu. Spinning has never been a problem, perhaps habit but it has been impossible to drag myself out of bed for an early morning run - perhaps habit again. Years of waking up at 5 on mon/wed/fri to spin and sleeping in till 6 on tue/thu :biggrin:

Yesterday night promised myself will get up as soon as the alarm goes off and go for a run but it was the snooze button that won again. But thoughts of falling off the wagon and getting back on kept coming even as I got up, packed lunches, cleaned the house and dropped off everyone in the family to their their goals and destinations for the day, reminding me of

[​IMG]

and so finally unable to shut the thoughts off took myself for a quick run at 8.30 and conquered 2 and 1/2 miles and now I feel that
    [​IMG]
    That first step was the hardest. Nah! I think getting out was the hardest. Never have I ever felt that I shouldn't have worked out or taken that little run so far. Even then why is it so hard? Now let's see what Thursday brings :)

Thank you ladies for the huge support here!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    SunPa, kkrish, Gauri03 and 1 other person like this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @ashima10
    Soaking feet in epsom salt water has helped me; but I have to take the water, put the salt, then pour the water out, wipe the basin clean... easier to forget everything and just put my feet up. So I too keep avoiding soaking feet mainly due to laziness :)

Thanks for your prayers. I want hubby to get better fast. I now know why I did not choose nursing as my profession :)

5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday was much better in terms of physical energy. I managed about 8,000 steps. Was careful not to push myself.

Read a book on Time Management which recommended appointing people for tasks that I do not like :).
    Well if I followed that principle I would have to appoint a cook, home cleaning service, lawn moving service, gardener, chauffeur, a clone to send to work, a clone to wash and iron clothes, a clone to clean out my kitchen pantry, a clone to do grocery and other shopping, a clone to ...

I need to return the book fast to the library; it is not good for my bank balance.

I spent the rest of the evening wondering which task I liked, with my feet up and reclining on the sofa of course :). Yet to zoom in on one.

6. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

You got me thinking...nowadays i am not much into Reading & writing as well.
    don't know what my passion is...Food makes you fat...sleep is another terrible idea because i just cant...like before.

In fact i always think of writing when i m walking ...about this and that...but its been an year m thinking ....this and that !

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    kkrish likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

You should @ashima10
    I would love to read and you will definitely hear from me in response :)

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank goodness it is you with the book from the library and not me
    ....just borrowing a book already affects my bank balance. But I tell you Kamala, I am getting way better. As of today, my fines stand tall at $2.70 and I have managed well renewing so far :biggrin: I console myself that at least I am making an effort to borrow before I buy.

kkrish likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

So far so good this week!
    Spinning yesterday morning and a 3.5 miler today :)

kaniths, Gauri03 and justanothergirl like this.
  10. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Back to my walking .Super excited. No gradients yet so my hiking friends are still a bit miffed but I am taking it real slow this time . Managed ~ 10,000 steps last few days.

SunPa, kkrish, kaniths and 2 others like this.