1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Running Club

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by justanothergirl, Mar 19, 2011.

1. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

hi Guys !
    i weighed myself it’s the same no increase infact slight decrease , people told me it’s because of stairs i took and blah blah . it shows the effect later too .
    now i m thinking what about like a monster i hogged food in india will that show too later ..,eh ! i need positivity thread too !
    long story short my baby fell off the pram just a week before birthday . never did she fall from bed and i was pretty proud of it . duh !
    got a swollen eyes till her birthday and dark green marks too around eyes . i felt so guilty i thought i will give up everything i like till the time she is fine . Ie stairs , IL and most of it non veg.

she is fine now , dr said nothing serious :)

it’s a running club i know and for that sake i think i completed around 5 k steps most days . will restart the things soon .

kkrish, Rihana, sravanitenali and 2 others like this.
  2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@ashima10 Hope the little one has recovered completely. I can sense that terrible mommy guilt. Don't punish yourself. It happened more times with my kids than I care to admit.

Been away for a few weeks. Not much happened in terms of exercise to be honest. Put in 4 runs total since my last post. We've had construction work and renovations going on at home. I had packed the charger for my Garmin watch and finally found it this morning, so I don't have any steps or run data for the last two weeks. Back on track starting today. Started with a quick 2 miler this morning.

kkrish, ashima10, SunPa and 1 other person like this.
  3. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

yes , the guilt was / is terrible . why the hell i had to open belt, why did i wait for mil to come at the door ... and blah blah ! it toaugt me one thing , never to take chance with safety . no matter what ! thanks for your advise dear ! will have to procreate more to reach that guilt free stage :) Inshaallah ! ;)
    I m not sure about weight less yet , but i m maintaining the steps and watching what i eat :)
    friends has started saying i’m getting thinner :)
    hope you have started running ?

@kkrish where art thou !

kkrish, Gauri03 and kaniths like this.
  4. Gauri03

I'm trying to get back to a regular schedule. Not there yet.

Where is everyone?

Step count has shot through the roof thanks to daily dog-walking. Averaging upwards of 12K steps a day even on no run days.

Another 2 miler today. While running today I was reflecting on how much I have changed in terms of physical fitness. When I started running a mile seemed to stretch for an eternity. Ten minutes into a run I would start searching for excuses to stop. Achy shins and knees, crampy calves, side stitches, wheezing and gasping through every step, running was a punishment. Now I run two miles when I'm short on time, and save the 'real' runs for the weekends. Goes to show how much can change by consistently doing a little every day.

kkrish and kaniths like this.
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Good morning from the East Coast
    @ashima10 - I am here!
    Folks - I've been going through some rough patches and also have severe pain in my left heel. So am walking less. Today visiting the podiatrist; hope to get some solution .

SunPa and Gauri03 like this.
  6. Gauri03

Feel better soon @kkrish. Miss your updates!

4/16: 2.5 mile run in 35 minutes

kkrish and ashima10 like this.
  7. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

hope you get well soon @kkrish , i also miss your updates , infact your number of steps was and till now is a target for me :) using your technique to add steps too !

10 floors up and down , and respectable steps of 6 k today .

kkrish likes this.
  8. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Back from spring break too much baking and eating. Hopefully the scale is kind to me over the weekend. I should have gained a pound minimum. Need to get back to old self. @kkrish hope you feel better soon. I worked with a excellent podiatrist and I thank him every day. If it was not for him I would have undergone surgery. I found him after visiting 3 different doctors. It is hard to find right doctor. Get well soon

kkrish likes this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Gauri03 , @ashima10 , and @mangaii . I too missed posting here. I was hoping to get better everyday and the one day became two days and so on...

Diagnosis is I have Achilles Tendinitis. I was very happy that it was no broken bones.
    I got the heel brace. Boy, the moment the brace went on it felt so good that my whole body relaxed. It felt very funny walking normally yesterday. I was waiting for the knee and hip bone to hurt the moment I stepped - which was what I was experiencing the past many weeks - but when they did not occur it felt odd :)
    I knew what liberation meant.

Well, yesterday I walked about 6K steps. Weather is good today- finally spring - so I may take a lunch time stroll outside my building.

SunPa and Gauri03 like this.
  10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Your stair climbing is my inspiration. Every time I am tempted to take the elevator "Ashima10" comes in front of me and says :shakehead:. So I trudge the two floors up at work and at home i find an excuse to climb at least five times a day :biggrin: