1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Rock The Sahm Role ✌

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Bubbles, May 4, 2016.

1. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@cliona

I am glad you find my post inspiring dear. You have too much on your plate right now and it is natural to get overwhelmed. Do look for another caretaker. Don't worry excessively about the older child. She will be fine. Just ensure that whenever you are talking to her, give her your full attention, and always hug and kiss her whenever she is near you. Sometimes we don't realise that the child is near us because of our preoccupations. The physical touch is very important for young children, even when they are teens. I see it in my children. The younger one more readily comes into my lap and arms, but the older one does not. But she likes it a lot when I hug and kiss her. They are still kids inside an adult-looking body. You are a long way from having teens, but do remember this :)

Its ok that you are unable to find time for yoga now. You will get back into it again soon. Don't worry. Take care dear.

cliona likes this.
  2. AkilaMani

Sarah,

You are amazing dear. Painting and drawing practice even during such busy schedule! kudos dear!

Store room into art studio is a fantastic idea. having a separate space for our passion will spur more energy and creativity as there will be no distraction. Great !!

cliona likes this.
  3. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Thanks so much @AkilaMani
    Your words are very soothing to me. With all this support, I think I can overcome my problems and phases. And I also want to support girls who go through like this with my experiences .....in IL ..in future and show my gratitude to you guys.
    Stay blessed.
    Cliona

AkilaMani likes this.
  4. AkilaMani

Hi Cliona,
    How are you? hope things have settled down by now. The past few weeks had been quite busy for me, so couldn't drop by this forum. I was busy with Navrathri celebrations and also kids exams are about to begin. My music lessons and practice are going well. Last month I couldn't go to the Toastmasters. I will go this month.

Take care dear :)

cliona likes this.
  5. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi @AkilaMani
    Thanks for updating about you. I feel so much loved .Like I say, I ll feel a lot of hope that truly one day things will return to" normalcy ".
    Thanks for prodding me to msg here instead of me pushing myself into deep Wells. Things are slowly settling I guess. I am not even sure if it's settling. Huge story !
    My baby caretaker came back a month ago and I fired her. It so happened that I spotted a 2.5 inch long intact undigested green leaf in the potty of my baby. Imagine my horror.... and all the 'what thoughts. The lady takes my baby for walks everyday. On questioning she says she doesn't know anything. Even now my eyes are wet while I am writing this.
    Only God has saved me. I have no words to thank him. I was very much shook by this incident. I was having lot of anxiety. So left clinic for few days. Called back my mom again. And started working. Now one more caretaker is coming. Baby took sometime to adjust. Still I'm worried.
    Yesterday mom went back.
    Good thing in all these is that inspite of holiday season, clinic is running successfully. But I am very irregular.
    Lots and lots of love,
    Cliona

6. AkilaMani

Hi @cliona
    That is horrifying!! I am sorry that this happened. I can understand the anxiety and panic dear. Now, she is gone. Try and relax. How is this new caretaker? You can install CC cam in your house if you want. Many working moms do here. They have 24 hr access. I know it is a pain to monitor and constantly worry, but CC cams usually discourage maids/caretakers from trying anything funny. This is not to scare you dear, just a suggestion.

Hope and pray that this caretaker is a good one. My cousin sis has a caretaker for her 1 year old, who is such a nice lady. The baby is so attached to her and she is very devoted to the child.

Take care dear.

cliona likes this.
  7. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

hi @AkilaMani
    Baby has adjusted to new caretaker well. He has developed fever due to tonsils since yesterday so sleepless nights are back. We did ayush homa for the baby in moms place on Sunday which was one good news I wanted to share here.
    How are the other SAHMs ? Please write here. I will feel a lot supported emotionally just by reading your posts.
    Lots of love
    Cliona

AkilaMani likes this.
  8. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Also I have another problem. My husband and mil can't tolerate baby urinating on the sheets. They keep scolding him and me for this all the time. I am very frustrated with this behaviour. I have tried calmly explaining them, scolded them .... but they are always critical and force me to put diapers which is very difficult thing for me to do.... I try my best to keep water proof sheets always. He easily develops diaper rashes. So, I put diapers only during nights.
    Please help
    Cliona

9. blueFlower

blueFlower New IL'ite

Hi @cliona , im a expecting mum with a toddler. I just came across this thread and read the last few posts. I work currently but gonna take break/quit (not sure) after Jan.

Putting diapers only in the night is fine. I also used to put only in nights, this will help both the baby and us to have a peaceful sleep. Plus if the baby is left unnoticed in wet bed for long then this will cause cold, etc. I had put diapers for my kid till he learnt to get up and go to the bathroom.

I would like to know how u ppl have passed the preggers stage with a demanding kid and house work. I will also look up to this thread once my baby is born and how should I manage the new baby, elder kid and household work... ladies will you guide me thru this ? :)

AkilaMani and cliona like this.
  10. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi @blueFlower
    Congratulations on your pregnancy.
    I feel pregnancy will be the easiest part . Post pregnancy also initially you will be able to manage. As the baby grows, you will definitely need some help. All said and done, you will go through a lot of challenges. Be mentally prepared for all these. Think about possible challenges and solutions. Talk in advance to your husband for his support . Let him be ready to give a helping hand. This time, you will be comfortable at taking care of newborn. But again it's going to be juggling act.
    All the best,
    Cliona