1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post Weight Loss - Lessons Learned and Staying on Course

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by justanothergirl, Sep 26, 2015.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

How do you mean thayir cultured butter?

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Tuna used to come in cans packed in oil; however, now one can get them in foil bags, packed in water. This is good to make sandwiches, in ramen/maggi noodle soups, and in making casseroles. Low Calories, high protein.
    [​IMG]

Gauri03 and justanothergirl like this.
  3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for those suggestions @Gauri03 .esp since I need to up my protein intake. I did not know about palm farming...when will we stop mindlessly using resources ?sigh!
    For spicy snackoholics like me here is something thats quite low in calories
    toasted murmure ( puffed rice ) or unsweetened cheerios with all the masala ( 1 tsp of oil + mustard seeds + hing+salt+ lots of green chillies + curry leaves + a pinch of turmeric ) and roasted peanuts.

4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Bump.

My health has been in the crapper this year. : ( Prolonged illness, unimaginable amounts of work stress and a never ending list of tasks at home. I'm exhausted, mentally and physically. I've spread myself too thin, and I've been eating out 4-5 days a week. Someone please tell me how to eat healthy without slaving for an hour after work everyday. I am just too tired to cook.

5. justanothergirl

@Gauri03 hang in there. Working mom of two young kids. Its hard. Take care of ur health. Each time I have been overwhelmed there have been two things that have always ended up being the answer. Outsourcing and making the best use of spouse and self over the weekend. Both these require planning. That in itself can be challenging in the beginning but in the long run helped retain my sanity.

kkrish and Gauri03 like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Making the best use of spouse. That calls for outsourcing in itself, and a thread by itself. But, gotta run. And I mean that literally. Gotta run. : ) : ) : )

justanothergirl likes this.
  7. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

what a great thread. I'm not there yet but I'm in the beginner phase starting my weight loss journey for the fourth time in my life.
    @Gauri03 Could you provide more information about dietary restriction since it is easier to provide suggestion based on your needs. I have been shopping more at Costco for all the produce and use my air fryer/oven/IP/KA extensively. I also make batches of roasting over the weekend. It doesn't need lot of baby sitting except you need to be at home . I also shop at TJ to get some ready made salads / soups and I'm pretty happy with the taste and results. I'm also a FT working mom with 2 kids with never ending chores and have been ignoring my health forever. In fact the truth is I have been abusing my body by putting nothing but junk food. Recent blood test revealed alarming levels of cholesterol and I'm at a place where I have to make changes now or I will reach lala land sooner than latter. Hope things fall into places for you. We just need to find time for ourselves.
    Thanks
    Mangaii

Gauri03 likes this.
  8. Gauri03

Thank you so much Mangaii. We eat a regular Indian vegetarian diet at home, mix of North and South Indian foods, eggs included. We do eat salads/soups/pastas but not very frequently. I used to prep on the weekends but lately it hasn't been possible. I have an IP and an airfryer, along with the usual oven. I'm not sure what KA is. I shop at the same stores you mentioned so any suggestions will be very helpful.

9. Gauri03

Thanks Jag. I think being unwell has bummed me out. Need to get better before worrying about other things. I have to get the running on track. It's my keystone habit. When that is in place all the other pieces start to fall into place on their own.

ashima10, kkrish and justanothergirl like this.
  10. justanothergirl

Its tough...I can understand. Dont be too hard on urself. Lets do this together.

Gauri03 and kkrish like this.