1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

New Modular Kitchen

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by BuviVishal, Feb 10, 2012.

1. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi

we are planning to alter my existing home into new one. Only we are going to modify the interior design. as a part of kitchen alteration we are thinking about modular kitchen. we dont want very bigger one. currently we dont have any idea about it. This plan will be started within two months. i am collecting the info about MK

can you please share the photo or video's if you have modular kitchen in your home. i may get some ideas from it.

i am planning to construct only the basic stuff of MK.

P.S currently my kitchen size is 125 to 150 sq ft.

thanks
    buvana

1 person likes this.

2. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I did not take full pictures of my kitchen , Just posted my album here as a part of some IL contest last year. please check this link if it helps
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/members/97301-albums2247.html

I will post other pics like other parts of the kitchen if you want to have a look

Thanks
    Anvitha

3. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi Anvitha,

thanks for posting your kitchen photos. Nice to see this. There is no air exhastor in your kitchen?? why???

4. Anvitha

u mean chimney? chimney we have to fix it yet . its kept in my loft . thats why the space left above the stove. when i show the other side you will surely know there is a exhaust fan and a window also just on the right side. this weekend i try to take pics and post.

5. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

ok. i can see in each shelf you are using unique color boxes. How did you separate this. just i want to know the tips to maintaining the kitchen as clean. did you put all kind of dalls in one color and rice for another color???? this is my understanding.. Its correct?

6. Anvitha

your guess is right to some extent. I use like, in the shelf where orange boxes are there are my everyday needs for cooking like salts chilli powders etc. same way by usage and by color and to which category it belongs like dals, powders, instant mixes etc. thanks for observing this

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

buvishal,

that is a nice space you have for a kitchen..when you get 80sq.ft/60sq.ft kitchens these days.

do check out the discussion in the chennai housing forum..we have discussed a lot on woodwork and more about modular..
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/housing/5284-discuss-woodwork-and-modular-kitchen.html

Anvitha, loved the kitchen theme. i too have something similar...but i have used more brighter colors...and used blue boxes all over....

1 person likes this.
  8. Anvitha

Thanks for liking them Shanvy, I too love brighter colors but have chosen from the availability here in my place.
    The link shared is also very nice.

9. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Thanks shanvy and anvitha for sharing your ideas