1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Celebrate Navratri with Shlokas for all 9 Days
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Checkout 15 Sundal Recipes for Navratri

Making organic vegetable garden in terrace.

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Organichari, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Organichari

Organichari New IL'ite

Dear friends,

I am more interested in spreading importance of ORGANIC FARMING. I think the only way to spread it and get organic vegetables easy is... OBVIOUSLY OUR OWN ORGANIC GARDEN.

We can easily maintain an organic garden in our kitchen or terrace.

I am in Chennai (Thiruvanmyur). If Anybody is interested to start their terrace garden along with me, with zero budget, contact me.

I Have done some research work on Organic Farming, and my dad will also help us, coz he is an organic farmer in native.

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
    1 person likes this.

2. rawatjaya

rawatjaya New IL'ite

Hi Organichari, thanx for d invitation. I however dosn't have a terrace but abalcony where I can fit sm pots, pls do advice what can I grow and how? Thank u in advance.

3. raamraam

raamraam New IL'ite

Dear Shri Hariprasath,

I am retired officer from a publice sector undertaking, am residing at Velacherry. I intend to create a terrance garden and having about 500 sq.ft open space. Kindly give me your valuable advices in this regard. If you want me to contact in person, please let me know. I shall call on you at your convenient time.

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi Hariprasath,
    can u give the details of organic farming, step by step in this thread? Many would be interested and will start doing that. I am also interested to know about organic farming, I have a large terrace.

5. mkpriya

mkpriya Senior IL'ite

hello friends,
    i am also interested in this organic terrace garden .will be helpful if some one post step by step procedure for this.i am i bangalore and have a big terrace.was tempted to grow veggies cing many articles in aval vikaten and senagathi.

priya

6. sivakamu

sivakamu New IL'ite

Hi am Sandhya from chennai just seeing your thread i registered to this site. am very much interested in organic terrace gardening . how should i contact you for further information..do send me ur email or contact number and also where to get supplies for organic in chennai , etc

the ppl from nursury for not much helpful they say we will arrange for you but we wont tell our secrets , understandable .

Am waiting to turn my terrace into a organic garden ..so do help me
    many thanks

7. sivakamu

sivakamu New IL'ite

Hi this is sandhya...i would like to know where can i buy vermi compost and other compost and other gardening products at best price ..also organic seeds too...am a biggner please do guide me ..

Also in this summer how do i take of the plants ?

8. sabibala

sabibala New IL'ite

Hi All,
    Very happy to know that there are so many green lovers. I reside at velachery and just started a veg garden in our terrace.. since it is very hot I have done shade with palm leaves. i tried to make compost from veg waste and failed. ants and some sort of insects were a big problem. can anyone suggest the exact procedure. thanks in advance.

sabitha

9. devikendai

devikendai New IL'ite

hello friend,
    i am great lover of organic vegetables. The vegetables wat we get from ulavar sandai and other markets are not good and they r full of pesticides.So i need to grow veggies inn my roof.can u pls tell me the steps to setup the garden:)

10. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I would be interested as well. Do let us all know: -)

Arch