1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i make juices every 3 days and my breakfast is a juice while dh takes a fruit juice along with his breakfast. some of the juices like mean green are for healing.. turmeric and amla shots are just taken as shot size by all of us..
    if stored immediately in clean glass bottles they preserve for a 2/3 days and freezed for a week..but i always try to consume them within 2 or 3 days..

nandu you can always ask.. only there may b e delay in reply but i will reply to every query on this page as much as i know otherwise we learn to gether...

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

upload_2018-12-31_21-46-37.png

happy new year with a custard powder barfi, with just a drop of ghee and little candy sugar.. and ofcourse the peanuts are oven roasted. afterall it is all about balance..''

rachaputi, Gauri03, kaniths and 3 others like this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Impressive! thank you, @Shanvy .

Next set of questions:
    1. How many ml for breakfast? Do you add any salt or chat masala to make it palatable.
    2. I guess it is unstrained, how long does it keep you full?

4. GeetaKashyap

Recipe please.:)

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

most of my bottles are 250/300 ml bottles..so a bottle of juice and no added anything. i drink it raw as they come..that is why i wash them in vinegar and also juice more greens when i am out . and they are strained..no volume or fiber.. the juicing is more for health and healing..i am never hungry..and most times i can keep going till lunch..i drink a lot water too..

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

custard barfi, instead of a ice halwa or bombay halwa made it a barfi. so that dh can take it to his office . it is just like your milk barfi, make a sugar syrup and then add the custard powder and mix to form a dough.have added pista and that is the green that peeps..

for groundnuts, i have shared here..i roast a 500gms of ground nuts spread in a plate at 180 for 25 minutes for that even roasted..same with other nuts..

Gauri03, GeetaKashyap and pumpkin01 like this.
  7. GeetaKashyap

Thank you so much, @Shanvy. I wish to give it a try.

Wish you, your family and all the visitors of this thread a happy and prosperous new year.:thumbup:

Shanvy likes this.
  8. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

Thank you @Shanvy for your reply . It really means a lot . I wish you a very happier and a healthier new year . Thank you for sharing your daughter's efforts. It indeed takes a lot of hardwork and persistence to be consistent in bringing about lifestyle changes and continuing with it . More power and success to her.

Consistency is what i have to learn and keep up with it . In the second half of 2015 i came down from 168lbs to 130lbs by consistently walking for a few hours everyday morning and night , running a few mins everyday , counting and tracking calories on fitnesspal app each day , drinking 5-6 litres of water , no fatty foods , no high carbs etc and maintained and reduced a few lbs more during 2016 to be at about 125lbs . Come 2017 i ruined up everything . Now at 185lbs , last six months average steps only at 5-6k , not too much of food control and most importantly not giving 100% to the effort . For now since last few weeks trying to control dinner portion and switch to salads and milk/buttermilk. Trying to be consistent with this one and wait for a few more days before coming up with new changes.

All the while my bp used to be in control with the meds and better weight , with no headache at all but now i started getting headaches more frequently which in turn increases pain meds usage. have to look into it as well. you are right , at the moment health and career are my two topmost priorities besides looking after the little one who is getting bigger now . Infact before she was conceived we had genetic testing done for both of us and my husbands results showed that he is a major carrier for two diseases . While it could be managed with meds we were told that child can acquire it late in life or not at all if we take more precautions with her health and not expose her to regular carb loaded food that kids have easy access to now a days. Its going to be tough for us but must do it and hope for the best.

Once again thank you for the reply . I appreciate it a lot. Wish you and family a very happy new year.

Shanvy likes this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

we will get there @Caughtinbetween slow and steady and if a lifestyle change that we can carry forward anywhwere and no diet fads..

Caughtinbetween likes this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

my bloodwork done, numbers are all in the black.. except inflammation numbers because of my gut, side effects of medicines...otherwise cholesterol and everything else is back in the black.. and lifestyle change i believe.. in it...

so juicing has helped.

when you are flooded with winter vegetables and greens make the best use of them.. palak paneer , the greens were so fresh and retained color for hours..did not want to mix until serving..

upload_2019-1-9_12-36-38.png

upload_2019-1-9_12-38-32.png
    upload_2019-1-9_12-39-27.png

a lunch thali after a long time. rice with dal powder, cabbage and chanadal, drumstick sabji and beets green sabji with curds..

now that i cook all the greens, the family feel they should stop taking me to the markets vegge shopping until the winter is over.. collard greens to carrot greens, i cook everything...

kaniths, kkrish, jskls and 3 others like this.