1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Between, I have learned to love black coffee without sugar and completely cut off milk from my diet except some occasional long life milk tea which we drink from tea stalls in small cup.
    Otherwise, I am happy with my sugarless black coffee. Sometimes it does not taste more than that of a hot water.

Shanvy likes this.
  2. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

I am not taking much of stress, but then over thinking is my bestie.... o_O

Shanvy likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Takes a lot of self control and discipline to do this. Should be helping you a lot.

I have my two cups one with sugarcane molasses. There used to be a sunfarm milk and freshly squeezed juice and vegetables delivered at home every Friday and the kids used to wait for that. The almarai or alrawabi both don’t taste as earlier. I miss Aavin milk while dh misses his almarai:p
    I have been trying to convince him Aavin is a better devil of the two.
    Have you tried pomegranate molasses curious to try but don’t have the heart to buy that big a bottle for trial..

VaniVyas likes this.
  4. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

What is that pomegranate molasses??
    No idea

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sugarcane molasses tastes yum with Tea and coffee. Pomegranate molasses is a reduced pome juice and is tangy is what I heard from the sales guy.

VaniVyas likes this.
  6. Rakshini

Rakshini Silver IL'ite

Hi all
    Thank you Shanvi mam.
    We too had Thai amavasai.menu for lunch s broad beans sambar,raw banana fry,carrot and cabbage poriyal and chow chow kootu.vadai and semiya payasam
    Today s my father in law's death anniversary (7th year).so we made whatever he likes and did pooja.

Shanvy likes this.
  7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

You get two kinds of pomegranate molasses: sweet and sour. I use the sour kind sometimes. It tastes tangy — khatta meetha.

You can make some at home yourself. Juice a couple pomegranates and pour the juice into a pot. Add sugar if you want it sweet. Heat till the sugar dissolves and it comes to a boil, then lower heat to medium and simmer till it thickens to the consistency you want — I like it to be like a thick syrup.

No need to buy the bottle. I know you prefer homemade and healthy. :)

maggi32, Gauri03, SunPa and 2 others like this.
  8. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

I forgot to say: You can add fresh lemon juice instead of or in addition to sugar if you need the molasses to be tart.

Shanvy and Gauri03 like this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Amica thank you. and you know me so well. this i already do. i was thinking if the local version is different. it is sold both with the sugars and also as a tangy version.

reminds me of days when dd was a baby. you squeeze the juice of a pome pearl and the way she use to taste it with her tongue and make happy noises. and it used to be a happy scene that we all will be waiting turns to do it.
    the same went to feeding food from our plates.
    sometimes i wonder if we have just become onsessed with too many things like cleanliness, baby food and more and lost the natural blessings of fun and immunity. sigh!!

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

and there are few varieties that have a tartness to them by nature.