1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. NirmalaGoofy

NirmalaGoofy Gold IL'ite

Shanvy Mam, Thanks for the darshan every day. Do you offer sarees every day? That is awesome.

1 person likes this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Cb it is ok. i miss all you regulars.. it is ok if it is we should remove sans and make it a balanced meal, so as to have you all back??

Nirmala not everyday. but on days i have a sil, or someone very close coming. other days, it is my daughter's dress that gets to be kept along with a blouse bit. we believe the ladies of the house are important and their happiness matters a lot. and for me my maa is the first lady of the house.. and one day my maid gets to eat a hearty meal and take the whole tamboolam.. she is happy and i am sure even if she does not say anything, that sigh of happiness vibrates along..

and thank you..

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

happy dussehra to you all. happy ayudha/saraswathi pooja too..the ashtami/navami

Today maa is siddhidatri and holds the siddhis and praying to her you are bestowed with all siddhis/wishes. she erases ignorance and illuminates your life..

in tn we celebrate today as saraswathi devi and also ayudha pooja..here ayoodha is the one equipment/tool that is used for your daily business/operations..so knives, machines, vehicles and even cupboards and storage boxes get a drizzle of sandal wood paste and kumkum in many households.. the staple prasad you get is murmura/pori/puffed rice, chana dal, and gur mixture. even the neighbourhood auto stand people share the same with you..

at home we do the pooja for musical instruments and books. musical instruments being in storage only books are worshipped this year..

lakshmi, durga, sri chakra, saraswathi are also worshipped by me as a continuation of the navarathri spirit. today i also bring maa annapoorani to others..

2015-10-21-10-21-25-392.jpg 2015-10-21-10-19-01-419.jpg 2015-10-21-10-18-48-731.jpg

Today's neivedhyam - vada, payasam, mahaneivedyam, milk, honey and chana sundal with fruits.

May maa bless all ....thamboolam for all my dears...

ya devi sarva bhuteshu,
    maatru rupena samastitha,
    namas thasyai namas thasyai namas thasyai namo namaha..

(Oh! devi of the universe, the one who is mother divine for all, i bow to thee..)

4 people like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Our brunch today - rice, dal, rasam, yellow pumpkin mor kootu, potatoes masiyal, vada, payasam and curds ..

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Today has been a day of small wonders.. had a very slow start on the day..with a body that does not cooperate with my mind..(yeah when mind is like the butterfly body is like the snail...i know i know..what more can you expect ) and as the day progressed never expected to do so much.. what did i do.. nothing much..lol (I hear you than why the buildup..)

Today is vijayadasami, and here is a prayer that all your new ventures (be it even simple as eating right, exercising) go on without any hindrances...

Maa give us the shakthi and sphoorthi to keep going..

today's neivedyam has been simple as per kids' wishes.. rice, kudiravali coconut payasam, dry fruits, milk. their lunch was mor kuzhambu with dal vadas and carrot sabji..

A simple pooja and hopping to temple and pandals close by..thank god for small blessings..dd having holiday to accompany..(will be posting a few of the pictures somewhere in the golu thread maybe!!!)

Attached Files:

10 people like this.
  6. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

Hi dear good mix for shikakai powder .When in my childhood my granny used to soak shikakai powder overnight with rice starch(drained while making boiled rice) and used the fresh rice starch as extra instead of plain water ....to rub into the hair.Hope my experience is useful.

3 people like this.
  7. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

Nice thread Shanvy, i started to read it from the starting point not to miss a thing.Came across your bone growth (both your feet) which i myself suffered ...and through proper treatment was able to recover completely.No need to tell that i had to shuttle bet 6 doctors(6 course of tablets)...couple of p-therpy before i found a solution .Thank god i escaped the injection route which i was ready to take unable to tolerate the day to day pain of living with it.Respects for doing so much with your life inspite of all the physical challenges you had to endure.A true inspiration and blessing to all of us who go through your thread.:hatsoff

2 people like this.
  8. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  9. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Shanvy how are you doing. Hope things are okay at your end. This thread is dull without your presence and wish you come back soon. I have lost track of healthy eating due to various reasons and want to start again and this thread is the best place for me to start with, so that I can motivate and remind myself of healthy eating.

Do you mind if I post my lunch menus here, even if it is with rice. Hope others also can join us soon.

1 person likes this.
  10. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

@Shanvy, Tried the Instant Millet dosai for dinner yesterday. Made a good combo with Onion Chutney. Got it milled during the diwali time. Soaked ii in the morning and could make just like regular dosai for the dinner. Thank you.

1 person likes this.