1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

The neivedyam was mahaneivedyam of rice and dal, milk, peas sundal, banana, jaggery appam..

lunch today was vepampoo podi, brown rice, peas gravy, cucumber salad, curds, and tomato chutney..forgot to click..

4 people like this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

7 out of 9 days flew by.. i am sure people are enjoying garbha, golu visits and more.. with the long weekend round the corner i am sure there is more fun and family time in store..

This morning i got a very disturbing message on whatsapp from a friend who used to be a member here. that she is going through hell in her life at the moment, and she needed my prayers.. ..she was included along with every one who needs a prayers..

7th day maa is worshipped as kaalaraatri, the one the one who removes ignorance the darkness and spreads light..She teaches you that there is both darkness and light, and you need to move fowards crossing the obstacles... 2015-10-19-11-47-47-170.jpg 2015-10-19-11-48-34-539.jpg

Let maa give us the courage to tackle all issues and move forward.

..jai maa
    today's neivedyam was chana dal sundal, beetroot halwa, mahaneivedyam and milk..

P.S. my sharing the pooja pictures and the thamboolam inclusive means take a bow and accept the thamboolam virtually..i think i did not mention that in this series...as i thought it is implied..and there are no formalities in this thread i suppose..

10 people like this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Today lunch menu - cucumber salad, chana dal sundal, cabbage sabji, rasam and samai rice, curds, turmeric pickle...sorry for not taking pictures.. i keep telling myself i need to take pics again..

3 people like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

A couple of my friends are suffering from dengue and typhoid. and the complex where dengue incident is now so common, the government is givng them nilavembu kudineer at the door step..

Personal experience once again. .last month ds came from school and was warm and as time went he was running 102 temperatures..and i said let us start with the kashayam.. and i gave him 20ml of the same at 5.30..and then 7.00 and in between called the doctor too to find what best would work for him.. and any guesses by 7.30 his fever subsided to 100 and by 8.00 he was back to normal..

Keep yourself hydrated, keep your homes mosquito and dust free. wash your vegetables well. keep everything closed. if possible boil drinking water..

and yesterday a neighbour offered to take me to veg shopping.. and this is what i found..the cough kashayam and daily health kashayam ready to use bottles..
    herbal and organic are the latest over hyped and easy money minting business i suppose..could not click cough kashayam..but wanted to share this herbal all organ health (Whatever that means) kashayam.. and priced at 130/- bottle..

it has tulasi, karisalanganni, periya nellikaai, vallarai, nilavembu, vepillai and much more commonly available herbs .. instead eat your greens, have seasonal fruits, and keep yourself hydrated..

Attached Files:

8 people like this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

You work through 7 out of the nine days with her blessings and think it will be a breeze the next two days only to realise you are woozy and wobbly on your feet even as you wake up..everything goes for a toss..you end up forgetting to add some lime to a sabji and are worried how the throats of your kiddo's would fare by evening..yeah one of those days..don't we all go through them...

hey relax, it is ok, we will get over this too..so what if it is a snail pace. it does not matter as long as you are happy that you touched down...

Today maa is mahagauri who has almost wiped away all the evil in the world. worshipping her removes all sins and has a calming effect, and gives you a peace of mind..(Maa grant us all peace..everything else will follow, though somedays it feels they have a mind of their own.)

certain things though looks silly have a knack of making you feel happy. .one such thing..maam i gave your thamboolam to sir..so the virtual picture of your thamboolam being sent in whatsapp..and bless me ..aww..it was so sweet...as sweet are the virtual thamboolam given by @vanivyas @iyerviji aunty.

hey hey S, stop rambling...

today's neivedyam... just a cup of urad that was grinding for dosa, made into vada..varagu paal saadam with nuts and raisins, rice and milk..

Let maa keep me sane and calm...and if you need the same, so be it is my prayer..

Attached Files:

8 people like this.
  6. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

Very Informative and delicious looking posts:p.. will take me many many days to go through these 400 plus pages.. great efforts:)

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Shanti dear thanks for tagging me and thanks for the thambulam. Hope one day I get an opportunity to come to your house to take thambulam from you. May Devi bless you and keep you healthy and happy and fulfill all your wishes

1 person likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Trust me this thread has lost some steam recently..it will be back on track soon..there is so much information shared that sometimes it feels so amazing..really we talked about it even before it was common knowledge kind of surprise..welcome and take your time..

thanks aunty for the blessings..you are welcome.maybe some day. definitely.

1 person likes this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@chillbreeze whats' happening can't see you here..all's well??

Today lunch was a real flop..and so no pictures..

varagu rice, pidikarunai masiyal (that started a blazing itch in the throat), string beans sabji, broccolli and beans steamed and curds .

10. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Shanvy thanks for remembering me. As usual I am following this thread and happy to get virtual darshan. As I am tied up with other stuff, I am not following "sans rice" lunch. Will PM you.

1 person likes this.