1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Loosing consistency in dieting

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by LakshmiMohan, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Sukanyam

Sukanyam New IL'ite

Me too dont have orbitrk and elliptical

2. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Orbitrek is not that great machine.According to me if you can do brisk walk for 30-45 mins it is more good than orbitrek.

3. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi SHSK,

This was what I too face sometimes.Try to have cornflakes(Special K) with skimmed milk at around 6pm then u will be half full.Then you have one chappathi at 8pm.

4. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

Skipping you can do in a moderate count and try to do brisk walk more+ ab crunches to reduce belly fat.

5. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Sukanya,

Please see my Tomato soup recipe.Boil tomatos(2) + garlic cloves(6) + ginger(small piece) +onion(half).When it becomes cool grind it well.Take that and heat it again add pepper powder and salt.Enjoy the soup.I will share one soup/dish which I used to have every day.

1 person likes this.
  6. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,
    hope i am not barging in here. You do not need to diet just reduce the portions of your food and when you feel like snacking have a cucumber its water based so itwill fill you up and also have a banana or an apple both are good.
    I have a friend who is a busy person she recently for the past few months started brisk walking everyday compulsory for 30mins eating the food she used to eat and still lost weight.
    Walking is the main key to lose weight.
    Also every 3 to 4 weeks change your work out or increase the reps ( the nos) if you were doing 20 ab's do 25ab's by this your building your stamina.
    Also drink water it helps.
    If you can have beans for breakfast please have it helps in weight loss.
    love
    alpa:cheers

1 person likes this.
  7. SHSK

SHSK Silver IL'ite

Thanx Lakshmi I will surely follow your advise. I plan to follow foll diet
    <TABLE style="WIDTH: 145pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=192><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 62pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2998" width=82><COL style="WIDTH: 83pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4022" width=110><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 62pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67 height=17 width=82>Diet<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 83pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67 width=110> <TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=17 align=right>6.30<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>1 cup tea<TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=17 align=right>10.00<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>1 cup tea,1 roti<TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=17 align=right>12.00<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>1 apple<TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=17 align=right>2.00<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl69>2 roti,veg,curd<TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=17 align=right>7.00<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>1 cup tea,2 marie<TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=17 align=right>9.00<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl68>1 roti,veg,dal,rice<TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=17> <TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67> <TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=17>Ex<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67 align=right>30

Hoping to lose weight soon !

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

dear friends,

i believe you are all in the 20-30-40 category. you are reducing your calorie intake to almost 1200, which is not only unnecessary, but is not healthy.

let me tell you..you are giving your body signals to adjust to the 1200. you lose the weight, but you hit a plateau. what would you do..you cannot go beyond the 1200 calories that is a must for any average female. you are also teaching your body to slower its metabolism..all this will have adverse effect. as you age.

your basal metabolic rate (BMR) reduces every decade. and that means you need to boost it which can be done by exercise and sensible eating. as you go towards menopause, your hormones are on the lower side, and with the low presence of estrogen, you get hunger like cravings, and a more lower bmr, which is why most of the ladies at menopausal both pre/post tend to put on weight..

this is just a point of view that i have accumulated over my struggle. and i definitely believe this is the case as i had surgical menopause at 34 and it plays havoc.

all the best.

5 people like this.
  9. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Alpa,

Thanks for your inputs.Expecting the same in future as well. :)

10. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

We are not trying to reduce the food intake.But making it as 6 balanced meals a day + workouts(Trying to do more).This diet is not only weight reduction but to maintain as well.So we are focusing on workouts more.Thanks for your comments.Expecting more inputs :)