1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life After Seperation

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by venkiis, Jan 10, 2017.

1. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

My husband and I are separated but not divorced yet.

1. I'm used to handling my 3 kids alone so it wasn't a big deal when my ex moved out. He still provides financially though. I work from home and routine is still the same- I drop/pick them to school, extracurricular activities, etc.

2. Kids and I remained in the house while ex moved to our condo. Distance is about half an hour with highway. Our kids are already accustomed to him being away all the time, they don't really look for him. He takes them out when he visits. Late last year, he took care of them while I was out of the country.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  2. venkiis

venkiis Silver IL'ite

thanks for your input.

3. venkiis

venkiis Silver IL'ite

thanks for your input. It makes sense. It helps me look into a different point of view. I am not selfish about my money, i will use for my children. It is not that i have abandoned my wife fully, i am pushing to follow some self help practices. She has a narcissistic nature that focus only on her emotions and frankly speaking i am tired of giving my all to her now. I am more than happy to have full custody of my kids, i can handle them but i know law favors women.

4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

But in 2013, you said you have your second child, 2 years back. By now he should be 5 years. what happened between?

Suggest change.

upload_2017-1-10_15-28-25.png

5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Venkiis, my comments above are based on kids interest. I believe they will be affected more than we think. They need both of you. I have mentioned clearly 'if you can' try working on marriage. If it is impossible it is better to think about separation. Managing a 2yrs old 24h /365 day is not easy. It is lot of work even when both parents contribute their time/effort equally. It is a testing time for everyone's marriage when they have small kids plus full time career, managing home with no one to support. Too exhausting in my experience. But that stage will pass.
    If you go for separation you can manage better if you are in US than in India.
    (1) Single parenting is possible, but not easy if you have a full time career with fixed schedule (especially if it is not 6-6PM, as daycare/nanny options are needed) . May be it is slightly easy if it one is working from home/or with adjustable schedule. You need to consider different things on how to find time for cooking, cleaning , managing job, shopping,social life, taking kids to daycare/school/other activities.... etc. who will take care when you are away for job/business trip, when kids are sick.. all those problems. At the end of the day you need some time for yourself too. Do you have anyone else to support you with kids? Need lot of patience.
    2) It is better for kids if you stay near to them. May be you should consider joint custody. Kids are too young, they need both of you.
    3) For other legal/financial option please consult a lawyer. Read more on this issue.

6. venkiis

venkiis Silver IL'ite

your right . my kids are 10 , 4.5. my question was more related to life after divorce and it got deviated. After my son, life went downhill as you saw my post. then in 2014. she was having an affair, which she told after she got dumped. she was not apologetic and did not correct her actions. she became depressed after that. instead of taking the proper professional help. then she started a series online based sex chats to validate her actions, i lost trust in her. now she has become lost and totally emotionally cut from me . i lost control and was very angry and fighting, all these years i was holding up for kids. but now it is affecting my mental state and health. so i am thinking on separation. i am tired of putting financial, physically and emotionally investing into her.

i have my bad qualities. i am not so career focused, but i am not in a bad job. i have a stable job that can feed a family of 4 in a conservative manner. she had a thing for people in high positions and well paying.

it is not that her state was bad with me only, she has the same selfish behavior with her mom who when was with us, used to do all the work in USA from cooking to cleaning.

7. whistle

whistle Silver IL'ite

Dear Venkii,
    Most of the time, the fault never lies with one person.

This is painful for you, I understand. But there are 4 people's lives at stake here.

Both your wife and you need a fresh start and a life style change. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is insanity. From what we hear, you seem to be the saner one and hence the only one who can save all 4 lives. If your daughter goes in an improper path, you will not disown her tomorrow. You will do everything in your power to make it alright. Do it for your wife and your kids.

Leave US and go to India. Live there for a two to three years. You will be forced to start fresh. Its likely you will rediscover you love in life. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I don't believe in this western way of life and the 2 hours per week counseling and all this. In India, counseling happens naturally.

joylokhi and Itshightime like this.
  8. venkiis

venkiis Silver IL'ite

thanks my kids are 10 , 4.5. my life has not improved any where in dealing with such a selfish person. the point got totally deviated where i just remembered the past and current situation while replying to you. i have not given up on this marriage. my wife has become depressed due to her affairs, she is having an emotional affair on another man. it really sucks to tell all this, but by god grace that man is a decent persona and we both are helping her to become self sufficient. however that said, i too have reached my limit of tolerance.

in my old posts i might have complained and whined around for separation. for the first time i am actually researching more and talking to legal too..

9. venkiis

venkiis Silver IL'ite

India has changed, i am not sure where you are living. India has become more worse than USA. People work longer, they have affairs at work. they seduce their co workers. USA has laws. My experience in India was a nightmare.

You are right , counsellors in india are very good. We went to a counsellor she within 2 meetings told my wife that she is wrong and is NARCISSIST. She needs to change, my wife got pissed off and then stopped going.

We went to India in 2014 end where i came to know about her affair. She then had serious depression, instead of taking help . She went on a rampage of series of sex chats with random people and talking to them for hours. It tore me apart. I started getting nightmares and heart was hurting - not emotional really physically. I became very angry but then she did not change and was threatening me to call police. it is so funny when you are educated you are scared, i was scared to get in trouble with police because she is manipulator and i will be in serious trouble.

I have returned to USA. I was alone here for 4 months first time after 10 years. I realized it was peacefull where i went to lot of meetups meditation and fitness. This made think to move for separation seriously.

10. venkiis

venkiis Silver IL'ite

On a side note, I really feel bad for some of ladies commenting in this forum about their lives. Because if what they say is true, i can relate my life to it. You are such a beautiful human who takes care of a stranger and gets treated like ****.

Just what i learnt, not all crying women are goddess and neither all Angry men are pyschos.

kavya007 likes this.