1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suggest change.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by venkiis, Sep 9, 2013.

1. venkiis

venkiis Silver IL'ite

Dear friends

I need an honest opinion or any advises about the actions i should do to , resolve or start some remedy for my issues.

I have been marriage for 8 years.
    I got married when i was 26 and it was an arranged marriage (parents fix - like this in India). I was young
    and was not really sure about what kind of partner i need in my life. My parents were living with Me and my wife and we came to America after 1 year
    of our marriage and started living separately. When i was living in the joint family environment , there was a lot of argument and stress and fights
    everyday. I could never figure out the issue, as i was not sure, whether it the stress on my wife due to my parents or my wife itself is the issue.
    But after coming to US, there has never been a day we have had no arguments. We could not get divorce as we had a child .

I am not very super smart person but i still am good hard working with a decent salary. My wife has never been satisfied with anything or what ever i have done.
    Not matter how much money i have spend on her i am never good enough. She has some severe emotional issues, where she needs soothing all the time,
    she needs to be reminded that she is doing a great favor and i should always be nice no matter how angry she is. She spends without even thinking
    about our future. I am also not great person, i get angry and shout but i never initiate a issue. Most of all she never ever, thinks that this argument
    is not going anywhere. After every fight she will cry or make a scene and emotionally tell that i am the one making issue.

Initially i used to think, that it was me who was doing it. I changed myself a lot and still there had been no changes. But i saw that she behaved the
    same when her mom came to stay with her.

WE had our second child 2 years back, i did not want to have as i was not sure if it will do anything with so much issue.

After the 2nd son, she has literally become a maniac. I do not know what happened to her, she shouts for really stupid issues. She wants all his feeds
    to be perfect and shouts for no reason. She fought with her mom and me for hours yesterday just because we missed the kids feed by 1 hr.

I used to take care of him at night and i had to leave early in the morning. With only 2 hours of sleep,
    i used to be so tired. She never cared. Once she wanted me to come for a walk with and i said no as i was teriibly tired. She fought with me hours
    and finally i could not take the stress , i slapped her. She call 911 and i got arrested.

That incident had changed me, all these years i used to react and cry. Now as i was ordered by court to go counseling (anger management). During
    this process somehow i got totally detached from her. She still used to fight as before but instead of reacting, i started being quiet and
    look like dummy . This used to irritate her more and she started loosing controls. It went so much, she started breaking down initially and used to
    cry . I have literally lost all feelings for her.

Now yesterday the same thing happened, this time she started hitting herself and i watched. This made me feel bad at night. Since now this is affecting
    my kids and i love them to death.

This is becoming too much, she does not want to improve relationship or herself. I do not care if we do not talk also, as long as we live
    like 2 strangers, with no fights i am fine. She does not want divorce also. But i cannot take it anymore, i want her to realize that things needs to
    change. As i am ready to go for external help as i realize this is not something we can talk and sort out.

Please suggest me, what i should do, i literally hate my wife in every second now. i hate her voice and even presence. it is bad, as i can see because this itself creates new fights.

It is just that past treated have made a stone. I want to change, becuase i love my children.

2. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

I beleive at his point she might be under server depression better consult Psychologist.And I also I beleive she had some inbuilt personality by birth where negative thinking and getting things done in her way.More of a extreme controlling nature.

There won't be any easy answer for this.

3. imeandmyself

imeandmyself Bronze IL'ite

When two hearts are distant to each other they have to communicate with each other by means of angry , thats why two people who are in love with each other talk slowwwwly with a low voice and who are fighting with eachother talk loudlyy, there is a lot of communication gap between you two ppl ...she too needs a proper counselling ...ignorance / staying calm will increase the distance , it will never help you , may be she's expecting some care or love from you... put ur ego aside for somtime and take her to some where and talk to her , listen to her what she says i know she wont speak nicely initially..repeat it till she open up to you...make her realise that you care , stop her feeling insecure abt you , and ask her what kind of qualities she expect from her husband, if possible try to change urself, instead shouting at her for her mistakes its always better to explain her why its called a mistake...dont expect an over night change in her ..its takes months to years ...if you wanna work out your marriage you have to something , have some patience

4. Neha2903

Neha2903 Bronze IL'ite

I really pity those innocent kids. For the time being:

1.Please talk to her mom and ask her to take her to counselling
    2. Get your parents over there and see that they take care of the kids and support them.
    3. Please please don't fight in front of the kids. If she shouts just go for a walk and come back after sometime.

5. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

Can you forgive her for calling 911 on you...even though she was right to do that since u raised yr hands on her..she cld have avoided it i feel...since u felt she provoked u into doing what u did.

If u both can forgive, then it's easier to move on to repair yr reln. It cld be that she is still much affected by yr family's treatment. All issues shld be clarified and sorted out, else all the issues pile up and negativity builds up in the reln...try counseling for yr marriage.

6. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Now a days some people are expecting too much either H or W without considering the opposite persons emotions and feelings. Expecting lot of attention from otherside. Try to both go for counseling or sit and talk with bothside parents. Try to resolve the issue before them. As per ur post u r not able to express ur feelings while in the argument.

7. venkiis

venkiis Silver IL'ite

thanks. I know this is a mixed feedback. I did post in a different forum, there a professional mentioned a term called bipolar disorder and it fit her.

Also, please note, if i were the only person who is making issues. I will go at any length to change myself. But she has the same issues with her own mom. Lazy and no caring attitude, and selfish. She complains the same things to me, in what i said. But she does not hate as i do understand, that being a parent we can never hate our kids no matter what they do. but it is different when 2 adults are present.

I can give an example, she was studying for getting a job. I know it is tough to join back work after 2 kids. But from my side, i gave her 100 percent support. I cooked, washed, fed the kids. Went late to office. I even got fired early, as i am consultant in usa, due to bad work ethics. Luckily i found another work at the same time she got.

Now, my visa is over and i had to be in dependent in usa. I got my labor cleared and i am preparing for interviews. i do not any support from her. I hurts me so much and makes me behave mean to her.

I can go on and on. It will be just pouring my anger.

I can look for extra marital affairs but now i am quite mature, as it is going to create more issues than resolutions in my life. I will goto marriage counseling. I am suggested to goto clinical pyschologist, but before i will try MC.

Her mom and i get along so much, surprising. She does not do anything special for me. She just gets up and take care of family cooking, and helping kids.

8. venkiis

venkiis Silver IL'ite

I cannot forgive her, since till today i feel i am right. I came home from work early. She said lets go for walk, i was tired and still said ok. then she said, my elder daughter needs to goto park. i felt i cannot do both, i said u goto walk alone and i will take the kid for park. i do not know what i said wrong, from evening 6 - 2:00 am she fought. I finally broke down.

1 person likes this.
  9. venkiis

venkiis Silver IL'ite

I agree on this, i was told the same thing by a professional in a different group.

10. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

Well, if she has bipolar...u need to get her treated..there are meds to control her extreme mood swings.