1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

I have many questions about RotiMaker..Please help me :-)

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by swaran, Feb 23, 2012.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hello Orion..
    thanks a bunch for sharing your feedback...will maybe ask someone who has roti maker nearby,try for few days and then decide whether to buy or not..lets see... :)
    thanks harikamahesh for sharing your response...

yes wil ask my mom now,i mean its been more than 5 months she is using that old one...and i believe she has got a new butterfly roti maker last month...so i ll ask her this weekend whether its still the same or she is facing some issues as you all have mentioned :)

2. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hi all,

even i had a thought that the roti maker would save all the work, and we can make chapathis all the time..

but looking at the reviews; i feel that hand-made are better; even though can do it just few times a week when we have more time..

Roti maker - all that glitters is not gold..

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks priesh...yes lets wait for more replies/reviews here and then think :)
    yes very true pman...if the family consumes rotis daily or regularly,i too feel handmade ones are better...
    if you want to make fast rotis that too when relatives/freinds have come,i feel this would be better...lets see pman..thanks a bunch for giving me your feedback again...
    dosa ,i too have seen and told my mom that it takes more time in roti maker and look small.but dint get a chance to see how she makes chappati... :-(

but just one q,atleast can we make the base,patties easily...after that we can put in tava for doing it the regular way,i mean not use the roti maker for making the puffed chappatis and use only for makin the base??...will that be a little better????

thanks a lot npri for your feedback...
    as you say yes,if they cannot be packed for lunch,its a real disadvantage...mmmm lets see..

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

hahaha preetitech...thats a good one..
    all that glitters......hahaha

5. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

When my RM was sitting idle, i too wanted it to use it to just press (roll out) and then thought will cook in on tava....BUT....it doesnt get pressed without electricity (heat).I too thought i will use it as a poori press for the rotis but it didnt work.

Oh, swaran i would have given mine to you if we stayed close :)

6. DKalyani

DKalyani Junior IL'ite

Hi,

I had Tortilla Roti maker. It was very good for first one month, i used to get the Roti out as they show in Demo (but Taste is not good as all others said) ...U need to mix the Dough more softer for Roti maker....After one month the Heat of Roti maker was very low, and roti was not at all getting fried...I called Customer Care ( Brand gives 1yr Guarantee and 7yrs varrantee), twice they came, It worked only the day they came...After tht again Same issue,...I Stopped using it now...It is still thr, but of no use....When ever i see some demo in the malls, i feel like to go and say tht pls dont buy :(....bcas of my experience..

U can fry papad also without oil....I feel only this is usefull....

Kalyani

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

hahaha without electricity,that wont work..
    thanks a lot for the offer Bow...yeah really wish if i could borrow from someone and give a try :(

thats sad to know kalyani....
    papad without oil....mmmm thats a little better..hehee
    have you tried vadams too..i mean the colored chips type one!!!??

8. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

papad without oil can be done on the direct stove top/ microwave itself.......:rotfl

vadams.. my god, swaran..:spin

Roti maker - do not buy.. or buy and put it in your kitchen to say "I too have a roti maker..":bonk

1 person likes this.
  9. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

OMG....... :-( What is this yaar?? Not even one reply to support.. :-( :-(

I'm worried now.. :bonk

10. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Sabari, seeing all the replies better not to buy. wait and see more replies