1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Hair oil stains on pillows. Pls help

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by tinku, Dec 2, 2011.

1. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Dear ILs,

My DH puts oil on his hair everyday morning and when he sleeps with his head on the pillow at night, I can see that he spoils the pillow cover. Though I change the bedspreads and the pillow covers often, I am in a way irritated to see the oil from his hair on the pillows.

Though I wash the pillow covers after soaking them in Surf for 1 -2 hrs, it leaves a slight stain on the pillow covers. And only alternate solution to this I found few years ago was to use pillow covers that were bought in loose especially for him so that he doesnt spoil those covers that come with bed spreads as a set.

I cant ask him not to use hair oil everyday as he will get headache if he doesnt apply it.

Can you ladies think of any alternate solutions that can save my pillow covers or atleast remove oil stains from them without leaving any light stains?

2. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

vanish?? tried??

3. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Dear amunique,

Thanks for stopping by. I havent tried vanish yet and will give a try the next time.

Anybody with some other suggestions?

4. onehonest94

onehonest94 New IL'ite

Hi tinku

whenever i use oil in my hair (at nite ) i put big piece of cotton cloth on my pillow , it s really help.

5. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Soak the pillow covers in warm water + detergent + vanish and then wash. It gives very good results.

To avoid oil stains in the first place, you can use a separate pillow for him at night which you can put away in the morning or you can cover the pillow with a 2 layer cloth. If the cloth is only one layer, the oil will seep through it by morning.

6. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Dear Onehonest,

Thank u very much for another idea. Ya, I thought of it but again as he applies oil daily, I can find a waste cloth for this.

Dear Orion,

That is an excellent idea as it sounds. I think all other clothes too can be soaked and washed that way. Anyway thanks for guiding.

7. nachu

nachu New IL'ite

while washing add few drops of shampoo....

8. oceanicsuji

oceanicsuji New IL'ite

Hi Tinku,

I too was having the same question.. In my case not only the pillow cover, also the pillow got stains.. As mentioned by onehonest94, i used to keep an old dark coloured cotton sari, folded as pillow, above the pillow.. And wash it every week..

Hope this would be a try,
    Suji.

9. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

rub with lemon juice on the stain area before soaking and soak it as normal pillow cover will be brand new