Finest Post Nominations - October 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot for the four nominations.

Viswamitra's post is really very apt. We all are always running around and trying to reach our goals without experiencing every moment of the journey. Similarly education has come to a sad pass, where the goal is the certificate without really bothering to grasp what is learnt and without the more important dimension of true 'education' as against just 'qualifications'.

Enjoyed reading Iravati's piece, but she is underplaying myself. If she has problems writing, then what should people like us say? Iravati has a flair for writing copiously as well as vociferously. It is a delight to read her posts.

As for my own poem, thanks a lot for nominating it. Am happy to see it here, but I can't possibly give myself a prize!!! Not unless I forget I am I! Not an unimaginable scenario though, given the fact that I am I!!! :p

SLN sir's post is indeed one of those topics where there are many perspectives. Life styles have changed so drastically today. The elderly who once took care of their own elders, as well as their own children (and others') albeit with the help of others in the family, are now having to take care of grandchildren without any help and pitch in to help children who are so busy with their own jobs and partners that they appear to be callous (though this may not strictly be the case).

Thanks a lot for the nominations once again and looking forward to your continued participation in this forum.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. satchitananda

Thanks for nominating this absolute gem, Vijima. Buddingleader's post demonstrates tremendous maturity and I wish her a lot of happiness in life.

buddingleader likes this.
  3. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

rightly kJ
    Thank you Viswa for nominating my snippet. As you have rightly said life is a great teacher, where one learns many lessons which even the best universities in the world cannot offer.

Agatha83

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@satchitananda I enjoyed the above succinctly summed up nominations ibid for current month.
    "you are You" nevertheless your RAM deserves to be nominated.
    Task on hand would be ticklish but I Trust, with your vast experience the best of FP nominations would be quickly analysed and the best discovered and announced. All the Best.
    Regards. God Bless Us All.

satchitananda likes this.
  5. satchitananda

Dear Viswa, thanks for the nominations. Each one of them is a winner and I love reading posts from every one of the above members. Have posted my comments in the individual threads.

6. buddingleader

buddingleader Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot mam for your kind words :)

satchitananda likes this.
  7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

8. satchitananda

Thanks for seconding the nominations, JS Ma'am.

9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Thyagarajan Sir,

Thank you for nominating my snippet here. Somehow, I missed acknowledging it earlier. Also, we used to passionately call Satchi as Snippet Queen earlier because of her wonderful snippets. Nowadays, due to her personal work schedule, domestic engagements and the responsibility of FP section, she is unable to write much.

Viswa

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  10. satchitananda

Thanks a lot Viswa for the compliment. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.