Finest Post Nominations - August 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Jul 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Many Thanks for nominating my snippet.

teenulahari likes this.
  2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Shankar Mahadevan once sang a song titled "Breathless". He goes,

Koi Jo Mila To Mujhe
    Aisa Lagta Tha Jaise
    Meri Saari Duniya Mein
    Geeton Ki Rut Aur
    Rangon Ki Barkha Hai
    Khushboo Ki Aandhi Hai

For the next three minutes he holds his breath. I don't know what Kushboo, Rut and Rang he was talking there.

But then I have some Aandhi to submit here which took my breath way today. We do have few lurking breath-takers amongst us and the irony is that I have spotted one too late. Nevertheless not too late. There are posts on how marriages were saved, how lives were inspired, do's and don'ts of morality, but there has never been one on a transition that we all aspire but give up sooner for lack of belief. I am talking about the transition of language. When one amongst us has done it, the rocket science of mastering a language seems to be as plain and methodical as pecking a pocket calculator to blast the frontiers of learning through dedication and determination.

I wish @Viswamitra has posted this as a snippet for greater visibility but here it is Seven habits of effective learning of a language that he voiced in a remote corner. I would like to nominate his write up for Finest Contribution/Post.

satchitananda and Amica like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Iravati,

I was a reluctant writer when I started here in IL and you have now elevated me to much higher status through this nomination. But I am convinced that this is just a reflection of a larger heart you possess more than adoration of this post of mine. But with great humility, I have to admit your words here along with Ansuya's several responses for my writings here will be cherished all my life. I hold her messages like a treasure even though she is not active in IL now.

Viswa

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

iyerviji likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

:icon_pc::icon_writing: Dormant ones would feel over aged while you are engrossed and spend considerable hours day in and day out meandering through various categories in Indus ladies forgetting your hunger; lose appetite; therefore you tend to remain slick,young and youthful. Naturally, Day after day & Year after Year, all active IL'ites irrespective of their gender would probably look & remain ageless:yum::wave1:!
    with best wishes for ageless smart ageing.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

It's really a surprise to see my post quoted by you Thyagarajan bro

7. Thyagarajan

Dear IyerViji,
    At the outset I would like to thank you for your liking the anecdote Saffron wonder & Surrender to God. I am learning the nuances of this open forum and unknowingly I had posted my comments on Ageing might look out of context or and a faux pas on my part.
    Regards.

8. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Urban dictionary defines adulting as "to do grown up things and hold responsibilities such as, a 9-5 job, a mortgage/rent, a car payment, or anything else that makes one think of grown ups."

@Amica has recently announced about a course for current and potential DH's titled "Introduction to Adulting in Marital Environments." Prerequisite: Students must be willing to act like they're over 21 years old. :cool: Please read more at source. :smiley:

Makes me very happy to nominate this post by Amica for Finest Post.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Sandycandy, momsky, Amica and 4 others like this.
  10. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

I second Rihana, it is a nice topic to discuss. Doesn't matter where they are in India / US, it is a common problem when they were young, pampered a lot by parents. No point in blaming the boy/girl in marriage life when they are pushed to live with an another immature person, they can hardly take care of themselves in the 1st place.

Sandycandy, momsky, Amica and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.