1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Fab & Fit - 2019

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by blessbabydust, Oct 30, 2018.

1. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Try to eat 1 day good fat foods like - Avocado shake , soup with coconut milk etc this will trick ur body and down ur weight soon ... Even my target is to be under 60 by second week of DEC lets see ...

noire likes this.
  2. blessbabydust

Trick to lose weight quickly :

5 days eat according to ur diet plan and 6th day eat Good fat food only & 7th day fast 18 hrs and open ur food window only for 6 hrs --& workout atleast 20 mins average !!!! i lost 2.7 kg in a week .(in obese mode) it varies from 0.7kg to 2.7kg guranteed .. Let me know your feedback ...

3. noire

noire Silver IL'ite

Good luck, @blessbabydust
    I have in fact increased the intensity of my workout. Not been able to go to the gym yesterday and today because I seem to have caught the flu. Will restart on Monday.

Whenever I do the following I see good results, but I'm usually not able to stick to this routine:
    - Eliminate wheat
    - Have very little rice
    - Cut down on sugar or completely eliminate
    - Have plenty of protein
    - Start the day with a smoothie (vegetable/banana/oats sludge really)

Low carb, basically. I keep slipping.

blessbabydust likes this.
  4. noire

noire Silver IL'ite

Thanks. I tried having my dinner before 7:30 for a week or so, the habit didn't stick. Will try again.

5. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

Thanks @blessbabydust for the diet plan.
    BTW my day starts at 5.30 in the morning
    With guava, tea and eggs , i cant survive.
    Household chores+ workout , i need lot of energy
    To do both.

And post dinner ,lemon causes acid reflux.
    Can i substitute with warmwater+honey .
    (I am on anti- depressants.So my mood swings
    Are erratic ).

6. noire

noire Silver IL'ite

@shreepriya
    I thought I'll just share this thing about sugar. I see that you take brown sugar instead of white -- I used to do this a few years ago when I was starting to get serious about fitness. I even switched to jaggery and palm sugar, seeking comfort in the assumption that these were "healthy" sugars. But the thing is, anything that causes an insulin spike, whether it is white sugar or brown sugar, is bad for you.

I suspect the reason why you feel drained after the workout is because of insulin resistance. The morning tea with sugar and idlis (carbs) give you an energy spike but when the sugar levels plummet you feel lethargic. I used to feel exactly the same. Insulin resistance is a pre-diabetic condition, so I'd recommend a blood sugar test as well.

2 hard boiled eggs would be full of protein, and trust me, it will keep you feeling fuller way longer than any number of idlis. If hard-boiled eggs seem too meagre, you could make scrambled eggs with plenty of veggies added (onions, green chillies, tomatoes, red cabbage, spring onions etc.). When I used to have this I would not feel a hunger pang till afternoon. Eggs are the most filling breakfast option. I unfortunately get acne when I eat eggs, else this would be my go-to breakfast option.

Around the time when I started taking fitness seriously I also went without sugar for 8 whole months. I just quit one fine day. The first 2 weeks were hell, but after that everything I ate actually felt tastier and sweeter. Those 8 months were the healthiest I ever felt in my life. After about 8 months I got cocky and thought I'll try some sugar just for fun, and then I slid back. I should have just stayed on that path. I will quit sugar one of these days, that's one of my goals.

I also saw that you have mentioned anti-depressants. A diet which does not involve sugar highs and lows also helps stabilize the mood. This is also something I have personally experienced.

Along with your cardio, do try and incorporate strength training. Lift weights. Lift heavy. It's the best exercise.

If you can eliminate or at least drastically cut down sugar and carbs, lift weights, and incorporate protein plus good fats, the weight will automatically shed. You'll be surprised at how quickly the constant fatigue vanishes.

Good luck on your weight loss journey @shreepriya

shreepriya likes this.
  7. shreepriya

shreepriya Silver IL'ite

Hi @noire ,

Actually in my early thirties , when i joined gym
    To tone my muscles, i did take sugar,but no carbs.
    My workout at gym helped me to lose 10kgs in 8 months and my body well toned.

Now in 40's , following the same diet plan which i followed earlier, weight is not coming down.
    Sometimes feel that gym workout worked best to me. Now i do at home. Thats the difference i feel.

8. noire

noire Silver IL'ite

I feel your pain, sister. I'm in my early 40s myself. Whatever has worked for me in the past is not working anymore. There has to be an extra push.

shreepriya likes this.
  9. blessbabydust

Age is a factor for slow metabolism but keeping urself active and fit your metabolism shd work like Teens ... Try to have protein instead of carbs and take only natural carbs like fruits and veggies rather than man made ones ..

noire and shreepriya like this.
  10. noire

noire Silver IL'ite

In my teens I could eat a horse for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and I'd still be skinny. A horse each :sob::sob: