1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Easy carpet Cleaning with broom

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by geethabm, Aug 22, 2013.

1. geethabm

geethabm Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I would like to share some valuable tips I learnt on experience which many of you may/may not know.

It used to take lot of vacuuming carpet because of kids , eating in the living room etc etc. while I used to clean the kitchen floor with Indian broom(jhadu) , I incidentally cleaned carpet with jhadu and surprised to see that it brought lot of the dry dust and dried food particles which were not clearly visible. And most importantly, it brought lot of hair which is little difficult on vacuum cleaner.

If not only saved my time , but it reduced lot of vacuuming and thus retaining the fluffiness of the carpet. Using a brush or broom with brush once in a week can remove slog the hair on the carpet. Of course, we have to vacuum but for removing the dry dust I prefer using a broom.

Give a try friends, It's only for good.

Geetha.

2 people like this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Geetha for sharing what worked for you! I agree, sometimes when in a hurry I have used those long hard sweepers that we find here and it has saved me too :)

1 person likes this.
  3. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Agree with Srama and Geetha, i use the long hard sweepers and it makes it clean..when we have guests with only 10-15 mts arrival notice, i usually use this :)

4. mayavindra

mayavindra Silver IL'ite

Hi,

It really works.I had tried it too.

Thanks
    Ramya

5. Priyarajam

Priyarajam Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Which broom did u use ? White color one which has somewhat hard thin sheets or soft hair ones? I normally find soft ones in shop but those will normally leave small powder like dust from its hair for initial few days.

6. geethabm

geethabm Senior IL'ite

You can either use the soft one (indian) after the dust is fully gone or the one which is vertical with plastic brush normally available in dollar store. Anything that have a brush will do.