1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning Area Rugs

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by sanjuruby3, Jul 25, 2017.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I have couple area rugs big and hard for washing machine. How do you wash those? I heard can be steam cleaned and cleaner can be rented but I am not sure if they come out 100% clean.
    In India, I would just put it out and throw water with hose and soap with brush ( like old fashioned way). Here it is so hard with space. It won't fit it shower to wash.

How do you guys clean it?

2. Angelica28

Angelica28 Junior IL'ite

I just vacuum it. I machine washed once but it would tear underneath

3. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

soap and brush, I take it out to my porch and let it dry there too. I've heard that steam cleaning is really efficient. If my rug wasn't so cheap and made of polyester, I would invest in that.

4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

curious... how did u machine wash it? It is big and won't fit in machine right?
    May be rugs you talking about are smaller like bathroom rugs. I am talking about those big heavy ones like living room etc.

I was thinking same thing,, taking it out in yard and wash with soap/brush and water hose but too hard and we do not have that much of space and privacy and soap water exit